584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > What is the catch with those JMC servo IHSV60-30-40-48
Page 1 of 2 12

What is the catch with those JMC servo IHSV60-30-40-48

I was looking to power up my next build, and found those IHSV60-30-40-48. a servo + driver all in one for 113$USD , 3.5Nm peak load, 3000rpm, 0.6mh inductance, what is the catch, they are cheaper than good stepper and drive combo? is someone already planned/used them. i was thinking about direct driving a 1605. even if it runs only at 1500 rpm for the price...

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=432060&stc=1https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=432062&stc=1

Re: What is the catch with those JMC servo IHSV60-30-40-48

up

Quote Originally Posted by HuguesP View Post
    I was looking to power up my next build, and found those IHSV60-30-40-48. a servo + driver all in one for 113$USD , 3.5Nm peak load, 3000rpm, 0.6mh inductance, what is the catch, they are cheaper than good stepper and drive combo? is someone already planned/used them. i was thinking about direct driving a 1605. even if it runs only at 1500 rpm for the price...

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=432060&stc=1https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=432062&stc=1
    Find out what the encoder count PPR is that is the important part if the encoder count is low you will have jerky machine movement
    Mactec54

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

So at 1000 ppr, 1605 ballscrew = 0.005mm / pulse, for precision it is way more that i need, but for smoothness, i have no idea. Also, i dont understand the microstep they offer.( like for stepper), std clearpath have 800ppr, never heard anyone complaning

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=432082&stc=1

So at 1000 ppr, 1605 ballscrew = 0.005mm / pulse, for precision it is way more that i need, but for smoothness, i have no idea. Also, i dont understand the microstep they offer.( like for stepper), std clearpath have 800ppr, never heard anyone complaning

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=432082&stc=1
    There are some that can see the problem with the 800 PPR and have posted here on the Zone

It has nothing to do with the resolution, it is call the jerk factor if you only have 1000PPR then a stepper would work just as well , the minimum to see the start of smoothing is 14 Bit Encoder anything above this is a plus

Most new machining centers are using 20Bit Encoders and above

12Bit=4,096 PPR

14 Bit= 16,384 PPR These 3 are the most common used , so your 1000 PPR is not going to be smooth running

16 Bit= 65,536 PPR

20 Bit=1,024,000 PPR
    Mactec54

That is funny that you would think that 0.00019685 of an inch step is going to be "not smooth".

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by maxspongebob View Post
    That is funny that you would think that 0.00019685 of an inch step is going to be "not smooth".

LOL.
    Only funny if you don't know what you are talking about

The higher the Resolution the smoother it will run, here is an example of what it is all about they start at 10,000,000 PPR as standard and go up from there
    Mactec54

So the ultimate question is : would you choose this servo motor with a 1605 ballscrew or a D57CM31 + EM556S driver with 1610 ballscrew. i know you would probably choose neither and invest little more in a dmm setup or an high end system, but for the sake of this comparison only these 2 are in my price range.

Supposing it is possible to turn a chineese ballscrew 1500 rpm at the Newby DIY level

thank you for you time, i am open to anyone suggestion in that price range

So the ultimate question is : would you choose this servo motor with a 1605 ballscrew or a D57CM31 + EM556S driver with 1610 ballscrew. i know you would probably choose neither and invest little more in a dmm setup or an high end system, but for the sake of this comparison only these 2 are in my price range.

Supposing it is possible to turn a chineese ballscrew 1500 rpm at the Newby DIY level

thank you for you time, i am open to anyone suggestion in that price range
    Leadshine make a good product

That servo motor can run at 3000 RPM you could always run it at 2:1 ratio if it could not do the job using direct drive

If you are asking would I no not ever, if it is what you can afford and is cheaper than a good stepper setup, then go with this, just remember it appears to be new to the market so make sure you have all the tec information for your install

How to wire
    How to tune
    How to set / change the Parameters in the Drive
    Do they have software for setting up the Drive

If you can't find or get all of the above I would not buy the servo package

So how big is your machine Gantry or moving Table
    Mactec54

Actually i am planning for 2' x 2' moving gantry, aluminum extrusion, direct drive system. the extrusion would be machined to integrate datum plane. (misumi 8-45 ( 90x180) . Only because i have looked at a pulley idler system, but cannot find anything affordable. the only thing available and affordable would be a gt2 or hdt 5mm 9mm wide belt. According to gates guide 9mm 22thent sprocket would fall a little short for a 3000 rpm 3,5Nm torque ( 1,47hp) but discussing with someone on facebook, he suggested bbman.com. so this may be an option if they supply 15mm wide belt and sprocket that would fit the 14mm keyed shaft and the 10mm BF12 ball screw end. problem with already machined ballscrew is that the only sprocket you can fit needs to be clamping type.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...d=432106&stc=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annotation 2019-11-28 204331.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Only funny if you don't know what you are talking about

The higher the Resolution the smoother it will run, here is an example of what it is all about they start at 10,000,000 PPR as standard and go up from there
    Well, I tried to search this forum for the term "JERK FACTOR" and the only thing that came up was your posts. SO........

Well, I tried to search this forum for the term "JERK FACTOR" and the only thing that came up was your posts. SO........
    It does help if you know what you are looking for

Not sure why you replied if you don't know what the problem is when using low count Encoders, ask in the real world you may get the answer if you know what to look for, some high end controls are now including Jerk control in there software to help over come this problem also, even with using high PPR Encoders this is the next step for software developers, here is a snip related to using a control that has advanced jerk control

Digital signal processing with computer circuits and software has encouraged control engineers to realize more capable control algorithms that today include jerk control. Today, "servos" can be defined as the use of negative feedback for the position, velocity, acceleration and jerk of inertial loads.

"Jerk" is the time rate of change of acceleration. It is the acceleration of the acceleration.
    Jerk ramps the acceleration to smooth the velocity. Steps—sharp edges in command values—tend to excite mechanical systems to oscillate at their natural (resonant) frequencies. The bigger the step, the greater this tendency. If a system is not rigid relative to the performance that is expected of it, control over jerk can round the velocity corners. This reduces the amplitudes of the frequencies that excite resonance oscillation. As a result, acceleration factors can be set higher.

With higher acceleration factors, a tool can transition corners and traverse contours of constantly changing curvature at a faster rate, and do so more smoothly when the corners of both the longitudinal and lateral acceleration are ramped.

There are ( 2 ) things that can help to control machine "jerk" Encoder PPR and enhanced software, the control software is out of the range of most Hobby user but High PPR Encoders are not, any good AC servos have a minimum of a 16Bit Encoder, which is available and most Hobby user's can afford, this will help to smooth out a not so rigid machine and add a much better cut performance

The Performance difference between a 1000 PPR Encoder and a 65,536 PPR ( 16Bit ) Encoder you can see it, feel it, and enjoy the end results
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    It does help if you know what you are looking for

Not sure why you replied if you don't know what the problem is when using low count Encoders, ask in the real world you may get the answer if you know what to look for, some high end controls are now including Jerk control in there software to help over come this problem also, even with using high PPR Encoders this is the next step for software developers, here is a snip related to using a control that has advanced jerk control

Digital signal processing with computer circuits and software has encouraged control engineers to realize more capable control algorithms that today include jerk control. Today, "servos" can be defined as the use of negative feedback for the position, velocity, acceleration and jerk of inertial loads.

"Jerk" is the time rate of change of acceleration. It is the acceleration of the acceleration.
    Jerk ramps the acceleration to smooth the velocity. Steps—sharp edges in command values—tend to excite mechanical systems to oscillate at their natural (resonant) frequencies. The bigger the step, the greater this tendency. If a system is not rigid relative to the performance that is expected of it, control over jerk can round the velocity corners. This reduces the amplitudes of the frequencies that excite resonance oscillation. As a result, acceleration factors can be set higher.

With higher acceleration factors, a tool can transition corners and traverse contours of constantly changing curvature at a faster rate, and do so more smoothly when the corners of both the longitudinal and lateral acceleration are ramped.

There are ( 2 ) things that can help to control machine "jerk" Encoder PPR and enhanced software, the control software is out of the range of most Hobby user but High PPR Encoders are not, any good AC servos have a minimum of a 16Bit Encoder, which is available and most Hobby user's can afford, this will help to smooth out a not so rigid machine and add a much better cut performance

The Performance difference between a 1000 PPR Encoder and a 65,536 PPR ( 16Bit ) Encoder you can see it, feel it, and enjoy the end results
    Putting other peoples writing and research forward as your own is called "Plagiarism". If you are going to use others work then you should provide an attribution or just link to their work so people know.

https://www.mmsonline.com/articles/u...g-jerk-control

As for the original question of using the IHSV60-30-40-48 in a direct drive configuration of a 2'x2' extruded aluminum gantry system driving 1605 ballscrews. I would say this. Searching this site revealed only one mention of this servo. That in itself is not a good sign. Also the only sellers that I could find on the internet were all over seas. Finally the only technical information that I could find was on the JMC website and it was almost entirely in Chinese.

If one was feeling adventurous you could buy one of the servo's and try it out. But I would not purchase all of the servos until you have tried one. You should also look at the tuning software, since it is a servo, it must be tuned. Although I did find the software on the JMC site, I did not want to run it on my PC.

In my opinion I don't think your application will be affected by the PPR of the encoders in these servo's. You mentioned the ClearPath servo setup for 800 PPR. I have 2 machines that are using these and I have no problem with uneven movement. Tuning the servo has a lot to do with this.

Putting other peoples writing and research forward as your own is called "Plagiarism". If you are going to use others work then you should provide an attribution or just link to their work so people know.
    You obvious can't read also, the post has nothing to do with Plagiarism get a life dude :wave:

What I posted I did not clam as my own, if you read you will see that I referred to it as a "snip" ( this is what I posted, here is a snip related to using a control that has advanced jerk control ) (wedge)

If one was feeling adventurous you could buy one of the servo's and try it out. But I would not purchase all of the servos until you have tried one. You should also look at the tuning software, since it is a servo, it must be tuned. Although I did find the software on the JMC site, I did not want to run it on my PC.
    Now you are quoting what I have already posted :wave:
    Mactec54

As for the original question of using the IHSV60-30-40-48 in a direct drive configuration of a 2'x2' extruded aluminum gantry system driving 1605 ballscrews. I would say this. Searching this site revealed only one mention of this servo. That in itself is not a good sign. Also the only sellers that I could find on the internet were all over seas. Finally the only technical information that I could find was on the JMC website and it was almost entirely in Chinese.

In my opinion I don't think your application will be affected by the PPR of the encoders in these servo's. You mentioned the ClearPath servo setup for 800 PPR. I have 2 machines that are using these and I have no problem with uneven movement. Tuning the servo has a lot to do with this.
    Well i guess i should then leave the preliminary investigation for others. on the other side, there is some nice thing said on youtube about is little brother, the IHSV57-30-18-36. Sorotec.de sells it for 249 eur. and they sell a tuning cable,. I might leave this to more experimented people.

Well i guess i should then leave the preliminary investigation for others. on the other side, there is some nice thing said on youtube about is little brother, the IHSV57-30-18-36. Sorotec.de sells it for 249 eur. and they sell a tuning cable,. I might leave this to more experimented people.
    I would not give up on this as they are a good price and may work well on your machine build, as long as you get what information is needed that I posted in #9 you should be fine, contact the supplier and ask if it come's with tuning software and Cable

The motor size 400w is ok for your machine

Here is where you can get your Timing Pulleys from

https://www.sdp-si.com/products/Timi...leys/index.php

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/CenterDistanceDesigner

The GT-2-5 with 15mm wide is Ideal for what you need

In the designer select Metric and 5mm GT-2 and look at all the options, in most cases you have to Bore out the Timing Pulleys to suit what they are mounting on

Here is a Video of a 400w motor this machine works well and is a similar size to what you are building
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTBr_rJXZSw
    Mactec54

thanks for the info, I will certainly look at this and see if a belt system could fit in my minimalist build ( or planned build)

Hi,
    there are a number of very cheap AC servos coming out of China, they work but the quality and backup is questionable.

May I suggest looking at DMM servos, a Canadian company that manufacture in China. In a short time they have carved out a reputation
    for quality and backup.

I favor Delta servos. They are a Taiwanese company manufacturing in China. They have a long established reputation for quality. Note that
    on Ebay and places like that there are many servos/drives that look like Delta but are in fact copies, the only thing to recommend them is they
    are cheap. Get genuine Delta. I have just bought four servos and drives of their B2 series, that is with 17 bit incremental encoders.
    I've bought one 400W 23 size example, two 750W 34 size unbraked and one 750W braked example. They are superb.

I recommend either Delta or DMM as 'quality at a price'. Cheaper servos are just that ....cheaper and lesser quality.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    there are a number of very cheap AC servos coming out of China, they work but the quality and backup is questionable.

May I suggest looking at DMM servos, a Canadian company that manufacture in China. In a short time they have carved out a reputation
    for quality and backup.

I favor Delta servos. They are a Taiwanese company manufacturing in China. They have a long established reputation for quality. Note that
    on Ebay and places like that there are many servos/drives that look like Delta but are in fact copies, the only thing to recommend them is they
    are cheap. Get genuine Delta. I have just bought four servos and drives of their B2 series, that is with 17 bit incremental encoders.
    I've bought one 400W 23 size example, two 750W 34 size unbraked and one 750W braked example. They are superb.

I recommend either Delta or DMM as 'quality at a price'. Cheaper servos are just that ....cheaper and lesser quality.

Craig
    I have looked at the DMM 400W for a long time, as a Canadian myself it would be a good way to encourage my country, on the other side, the price is far more than what i was aiming for... Sure if in 3 years i can resell them 80% of the price I paid, it mitigate the risk, but this is data i don't have.

Page 1 of 2 12