At the risk of pissing off the fanboys and the zealots I am putting it out there.

For those who just want the answer to the question. Yeah, probably. I would certainly consider it.

Is the machine everything the fanboys say it is? No.

Is it everything the company says it is? Mostly.

Is the company's customer service good? Above average. Better than most importers actually are, and almost as good as I personally think they should be.

Did I have issues? Yes.
1. I got a bad computer/card, and I received a used broken computer with card in its place. I fixed it myself. They did work after I opened it up and got all the loose mother board screws out from under the motherboard, and replaced the broken (Yes physically broken) sata cable.
2. The tool changer worked for a few months and started crashing. No amount of reinstalling and recalibrating per the installation instructions helped. After two weeks of wasted time while I screwed with it, and nonhelpful emails from the company I ripped it off because I had work to do. It sits on the floor outside of my machine room were it landed when I ripped it off the machine over a year ago. Others have had better luck I am told.

Did I have issues with the machine itself? No, not really.
Other than the tool changer I haven't really had to work on anything. Certainly there was not out of the crate unfinished machining or unfinished installation like every other Chinese import mill I have purchased. Its got some backlash. More than I expected with new ball screws, but not horrible. I can cut parts to default spec without even trying, and if I take a final adjustment cut for critical specs I can nail them pretty well.

Were there any unpleasant surprises? Yes. Two actually.
1. I already mentioned receiving a used broken replacement PC. It is what it is, but it did work after I fixed it.
2. More recently I developed a leak in the power draw bar. I tore it down and found debris inside of it that did not come from my shop. I cleaned it thoroughly and put it back together. No problems since.

How is the control software? Well, I am not sure. It mostly just works.
I say that because when I first fired up the machine on the replacement computer I had a few random lockups. None in the last 16 months or so though. No clue why it did back then, but it was never while actually running code. The control interface is annoying in that it lacks a couple things I am used to in Mach 3. The clock disappears during a tool change. For a while I thought it didn't have one. When you stop a program the display defaults back to line 1. It doesn't have any way that I see to show what work offset you are working in. It doesn't show the diameter of the current selected tool on screen. Are those things bad? No. Just minor annoyances, and if I was not running several other machines under Mach 3 I might never have noticed any of them.

Are there any other issues. Yes.
1. The enclosure leaks.
2. There is no easy way to check the coolant level in the tank.
3. The coolant pump only uses the top couple gallons of coolant in the tank. On the other hand I don't get chip clogs. Well I haven't yet anyway.
4. The Power Draw Bar required additional springs and adjustment out of spec to hold tools running at any significant portion of rated horsepower.

So it might sound to some (especially fanboys and zealots) like I am bashing the machine and the company. I am not. The company is adequate if slightly less than I hoped for and the machine works day in day out. It works as well today as it did when I first got it setup. I am not unhappy with the machine. I actually have been using the machine far outside the range of prep and secondary work I had planned for it when I bought it. While its never going to be a "mold maker":there are several complete projects including molds that get done on this machine. I actually have considered purchasing a second one to actually to the prep and secondary work I bought this one for. I know what the issues are, and I know how to deal with them. I know what NOT to waste money on and what to checkout during assembly. I know what modifications or different assembly methods I would choose instead of the company suggested assembly. I could have it working the same as the current one with not much more effort than basic assembly and setup without wasting money like I did the first time. Now, I am not a hobby users. I have thousands of hours of run time on the machine. For a guy who only tinkers with his machine on the weekend that may be a few to several years of use.

I would probably buy another PCNC1100.

Would I buy an 1100M or an 1100MX. Maybe. I don't know.

Am I a "real" machinist? Nope. Just a self taught hack who has put many tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands of hours on my machines since 2006 when I started out with a desktop Taig mill from Deepgroove1 that would barely haul itself around. I am sure those who will say, "Well I didn't have any of the problems you had." The implication being that I am either a liar or incompetent. I am neither of those thing. I am just relaying my experience and my opinion.