584,826 active members*
5,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Hitachi seiki ht20sii problems

Hitachi seiki ht20sii problems

Hello everyone. This is my first post so forgive me if I do something wrong.

I have a hitachi seiki ht20sii and had to have the motherboards repaired. The 12volt system had an issue. They were sent overseas and repaired as far as I can tell properly. Upon reinstalling them the machine fires up no problems at all and I’m able to use the machine in manual mode. It has an error not an alarm. In white text it says (edit Abnormal 30 71). My technician that I use diagnosed the original issue and sent the boards away. He has since suffered some medical issues and is unable to help me at the moment. It seems as though the memory has been turned off. I am hoping there may be a parameter or a reset/initialisation procedure I can do to rectify this. Any help what so ever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Re: Hitachi seiki ht20sii problems

Hello!
    What is the control on this lathe? Assuming if you sent out the Motherboard, you might need to (if not already done) reformat the memory area. Let me know!
    John

Hi. The controller is the multi seiki controller. I have reformatted the controller but it still doesn’t have any memory. Normally you could go to the registered program list and it would show you the installed programs and also the amount of memory available. It is blank in both instances. I can write a program in the conversational side and run it through the graphics fine. But when I go to transfer the program it tells me not enough memory. It’s as though the memory has been turned off somehow.

Do you have a back up of the machines original parameters

Ok, when you say reformatted did you specifically do a Directory format after installing new parameters? The parameters will define the memory and then you have to format via an ODF to have it allocate the correct meters and slots. It it LX3 or i80 multi?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Darren79 View Post
    Hi. The controller is the multi seiki controller. I have reformatted the controller but it still doesn’t have any memory. Normally you could go to the registered program list and it would show you the installed programs and also the amount of memory available. It is blank in both instances. I can write a program in the conversational side and run it through the graphics fine. But when I go to transfer the program it tells me not enough memory. It’s as though the memory has been turned off somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk