585,754 active members*
3,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol T1 Setup Procedure

We recently had a memory corruption and a drive controller for an axis go on a Mazak QT-C with a Mazatrol T1 controller. The service guy got instructions from Mazak to clear all the memory and re initialize it.

We had copies of the Programs written down before he did so, but do not have the T-SET and T-DATA info recorded. Also he input the parameters from when the machine was first built and the positions for the X and Z when turning the screen on are a lot different than what you normally get. They are huge like they were in metric or something instead of inches like they were before.

We go the machine from a company along with the part that was being machined, so we never actually programmed the machine, just knew how to adjust the cutting size from the program.

A few questions:
    1) Is setting up the T-SET and T-DATA screens hard?
    2) Can anyone give me instructions for setting those two pages up?
    3) Anyone know if the machine would've came from Mazak in metric? And if so how to make it english again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattme View Post

A few questions:
    1) Is setting up the T-SET and T-DATA screens hard?
    2) Can anyone give me instructions for setting those two pages up?
    3) Anyone know if the machine would've came from Mazak in metric? And if so how to make it english again?

Thanks
    First and second question is it's every easy check your Operation Manual, they will show you what and how to to it.

I'm not sure what you want to on the last quesiton but if you want to switch from metric to inches, I think P16.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Unfortunatly we don't have an operation manual for the machine. And when we got the machine the programs and tools were already set up on it. Noone know's how to setup the machine, and the only thing ever recorded was the two programs we use, not the tool data.

Right now P16 is set at 1

than you should call your local Mazak dealer and give them manchine's model number and control they can send you a pdf....... that's what I did.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Quote Originally Posted by mattme View Post
    Unfortunatly we don't have an operation manual for the machine. And when we got the machine the programs and tools were already set up on it. Noone know's how to setup the machine, and the only thing ever recorded was the two programs we use, not the tool data.

Right now P16 is set at 1
    pls change P16=0...everything is OK!
    HA(wrong) (wrong)