584,846 active members*
3,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Alarm 22: Amplifier not equipped

We have a Mazak FJV-250 mill with a Mazatrol 640M controller and when turned on, we get a windows message on the screen that says "the drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Shortcut to ctime.exe.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and then try again." We can click OK and clear that message, but on the Mazatrol software, we get a 'Alarm22: Amplifier not equipped' error that will not go away. I am not sure if these are related but maybe they are. Our manual does not list the 22 error, but I googled it and it said that it could not communicate with one of the amplifiers and to check for loose wires or replace amplifier.

We had someone come out and check the machine and he couldn't find anything obviously wrong so now we are now waiting for them to contact Mazak main office to see if they can troubleshoot but I was hoping someone here might have an idea of what is wrong or what to check. The tech thinks it is a corrupt hard-drive but I think that was just a guess. He did not seem very familiar with Mazak machines.

I looked at the back of the machine and the Mitsubishi FR-PU03E parameter unit says 'ERR' on it.

I also noticed that the Mitsubishi MDS-B-SPH-220 spindle drive unit has no message on its screen while the power supply next to it says '6' and the two servo drive units on the other side of it say 'AA' on the screen. Should the spindle drive unit show something on the screen even if it cant communicate with the computer? The other units screens turn on immediately when the main power is turned on to the mill but not the spindle drive unit screen. Does this mean that unit is dead? The tech didn't seem to think this was a problem but it seems to me that it should power on the same as the other units as soon as main power is turned on. We checked the rotary switches on these units and they match what is on the controller.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Im having the exact alarm and symptom on a drive with no message displayed at power on. I do know a work around to get it working again until it can be fixed and it may work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjn View Post
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Im having the exact alarm and symptom on a drive with no message displayed at power on. I do know a work around to get it working again until it can be fixed and it may work for you.

If nothing shows on the drive screen on power up there is a really good chance your capacitors are bad on your DK-510 board that's soldered to the main board. Is a dollar fix if you can solder.

Quote Originally Posted by camarogod98 View Post
    If nothing shows on the drive screen on power up there is a really good chance your capacitors are bad on your DK-510 board that's soldered to the main board. Is a dollar fix if you can solder.
    Thanks I will check into that. Disconnecting CN9 on the adjacent drive and then powering on the machine follwed by pluging cn9 back in with the machine on starts the dead drive.

Re: Alarm 22: Amplifier not equipped

I'm currently fighting the same problem. I've replaced all of the electrolytic caps and the only way to get the drive to come up is to blow a heat gun on the DK510. There's several small capacitors on there. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to determine the capacitance each on should have so I can order replacements?

Exclamation Alarm 22 Amplifier not equipped

Hello guys.

Our Mazak MTV 655/60 drive broke several weeks ago. We purchased a used one on ebay from a guy with excellent reviews. Today we tried to install it but Im getting this alarm "Alarm 22 Amplifier not equipped" and on the drive leds it says AA. I tried searching in the manual but I cant find Alarm 22. We have 2 of the same machines. We tried installing it on the working one but same alarm shows. We installed the working one on the machine that was missing a functioning drive and it worked out. Does the drive that we bought is faulty?

Re: Alarm 22 Amplifier not equipped

Did it come off the same type of machine? There might be jumpers or parameters that need changing for your particular installation
    Regards Bob

Same issues... 4.7uf /cap was bulged... but reading proper value... Cap C2 on DK510.
    C10 is reading proper aswell. Those are the only electrolytic on this board...

Re: Alarm 22 Amplifier not equipped

I am Having this exact same issue on my 655, How did you resolve this!?

do you know where this typically is? I am trying to find this same issue on my machine and have gone through 5 power supplies with same error codes displayed. MTV-655