584,805 active members*
4,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laguna Vs Shopsabre vs?

We have a chines 4x8 CNC, we are happy, just the information on the Syntec post processors is almost non existent on the web, other than the support from the seller, if I get an error code I need to wait for support from the original seller.

We are looking to upgrade to 5x10, I've been looking into Laguna and shopSabre because I see a lot of machines out there, is there any other company that can offer good support and that there is enough information on the web about their machines? witch one do you recommend?

Thanks

Re: Laguna Vs Shopsabre vs?

Quote Originally Posted by litleboy View Post
    We have a chines 4x8 CNC, we are happy, just the information on the Syntec post processors is almost non existent on the web, other than the support from the seller, if I get an error code I need to wait for support from the original seller.

We are looking to upgrade to 5x10, I've been looking into Laguna and shopSabre because I see a lot of machines out there, is there any other company that can offer good support and that there is enough information on the web about their machines? witch one do you recommend?

Thanks
    Newcnc https://newcnc.com/cnc-routers/ is worth a look it should be easy to sort out what codes your control likes and does not like Syntec control is a good control, you just have to correct the postprocessor for your cam program and you won't have any hang up with your program

What model Syntec control do you have
    Mactec54

I have had both Laguna swift, and shopsabre 9648. The laguna is built good, but I would swap the controller. In fact, you could replace the controller on yours if you could get by with the 4x8. I have replaced controllers with wincnc and centroid and it's pretty easy for me. Where are you located?

Thanks

Give us a call directly at ShopSabre and we will be glad to discuss, we are confident nobody will beat our service and support.
    We can provide many references if you would like.

Also you already have a Chinese machine so your next one should be American Made vs. buying another Chinese machine.

Talk to you Soon

- ShopSabre CNC - 1-800-493-6021

Thanks
    The post processor is non existent because it mostly will run industry standard G-Code Format

Here is the G-codes that your control can use, your postprocessor just needs to be changed to suit what your control likes, then you would have no G-Code hang up, this is a control that uses a standard G-code format through out the industry the Syntec control is a very good control and better than most

This is for a mill but there controls are almost all the same as far as G-Code goes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mactec54