585,719 active members*
4,431 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buying Chinese PTP CNC Recommendation

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a new PTP CNC machine for woodworking. It needs to be 4 axis and high quality. Price 50k - 80k usd.
    Does anyone have experience with Chinese brands? What do you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by wood-window View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a new PTP CNC machine for woodworking. It needs to be 4 axis and high quality. Price 50k - 80k usd.
    Does anyone have experience with Chinese brands? What do you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Hello all,

Extreme noob here. My wife purchase a Chinese knock off from eBay the 3040T as she heard me speaking with a friend and thought she would surprise me. Of course it has knock off planet cnc software limited access of course. Instead of saying why would you buy this thing I said thank you and attempted to set it up. I am using a laptop with windows 7 it’s connected via usb. I followed their instructions and went to start it up and only A works to do troll the 4th axis. XYZ and the spindle do not work. If i take the cable for the forth axis and detach it from the motor and attach it to XYZ they work (still plugged in to A on the control box) but the cables for XYZ are not communicating to the carriage and nothing happens. I’m not sure if it’s the cables for xyz or the board. I do like the aluminum frame and it seems solid but not sure what to do. I believe I’m stuck with it now so can i just buy a new board from planet cnc and swap it out, is there a way to test the cables and or board with out having another cnc to swap? Or should i use it for target practice. Thanks in adavance ...lost and confused

Hello all,

This is Sharon from China, I am here because we are share the same interest in engineering and product development. I work in advanced manufacturing and support start-ups to fortune 50 companies with their development needs.

We specialized in 3D printing, Vacuum Casting, Bending, CNC machining, Stamping and extrusions, Rapid tooling, Injection Molding, if you need any supports for those services, send a message to [email protected] at any time.

Re: Buying Chinese PTP CNC Recommendation

what is the import duty at now, 50%?

We laid down US$20k on a 3x1.5x500mm Omni with 4th axis. They are rouges - 6 months late, a lot of dishonesty and very poor workmanship - I should have known better (have a look at my recent posts). The second placed company in my evaluation was Eastrise. A guy called Frank. He called out the claims of Omni, always gave me honest answers and they have the accuracy testing equipment (Blalbar etc) to do a good job. Omni said they had the gear, but then refused to do the test and wouldn't let our inspection engineer take the covers off the rails to do testing. IF you are serious about 50-80k and know what you are doing, I would shortlist a few, go visit, and be prepared to write off the deposit in the worst case. I woudl say for US$20-30 you would get top notch machine and components Yasakawa, Hiwin, Syntec etc

Here we are the cnc router manufacturer from China. If you need any support, feel free to contact with us.

Jinan UnionTech Machinery Co., Ltd.

It is interesting watching the chinese trying to hijack this thread. I researched for along time on their machines, finding nobody happy in the end. It appears that basically they received rebuilders, with pirated software. It seems they are very helpful until you actually receive the machine, then crickets. One thing that was a red flag, is they claim to have been around for at least ten years, but only have 5 reviews, probably self written. They can't name (at least in my case) one single purchaser on US soil to contact about a machine they purchased. They advertise free shipping, but turns out that I only to their port. Most all machines shipped seem to be missing parts, have the wrong parts or need rewired. There is a local company here that when starting up bought 5 identical machines. Upon arrival they had to cannibalize one to make 4 work. This is just my research,maybe others have a different experience.

CPdad93. Agree with your sentiments. Just to set the record straight, I live in New Zealand and have no affiliation with any manufacturer. Second point of correction - very helpful until they have your deposit. We received an Omni machine a month ago and it was a disaster - but in all truth once we rebuild Z, re position all rails, and solve the rust inside the spindle bore / on the rails and all the other issues we will have a great machine. I developed product in China and thought I knew enough. Turns out I was wrong. Their are great CNC manufacturers in China - but they arn't the ones you will see advertising on Alibaba.

Hi, I think there is no bad manufacturers, maybe you met the bad sales people.