585,906 active members*
3,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 10TE motherboard alarm

Hello everyone,

I bought an old Mori Seiki SL3 H lathe witha Fanuc 10TE controller, with Fapt incorporated. The motherboard displays E on the 7 segment display. There is no communication between the console and the rest of the machine. When I power up the controller the screen brights up with a pink background color but there are no menus , no characters displayed. If you press the buttons there is no feedback. I called a Fanuc technician to diagnose and fix the machine. He came and charged me a **** load of money for a couple of hours work and said that the machine has a communication error and the fixing price will be about 10 000 euros. No way.
    The Fanuc maintenance manual says that E stands for :

Replace (1) Master PCB, (2) NC Software ROM, or (3) ROM board.
    Check message at CRT.
    No message at CRT- Clear all memory.
    Wrong combination of ROM chips in system. Check option Data Sheet against S/W ROM set.
    Wrong option parameters. May need extra RAM chips.

The fiber optics cable seems to work , I checked them with my camera phone and they light up at one of the 2 terminals when I power up the NC. This is valid for both ends of the cable at the motherboard and at the console.
    There are no red led's that light in the electrics cabinet up when I power up the NC. Just one in the graphics card that is mounted in the console with the crt monitor. I swapped it with an identical board and the same red led lights up. The power supply next to the monitor is ok.
    If I take out the PC cassette A and the ROM board from the motherboard the error changes from E to J. If I take out just one of them at the time , the error stays E. There is also and additional memory board connected next to the ROM board.

I can buy each of them online but witch one is it? The motherboard , the PC cassette , the ROM board, ??? Hope there are some experts out there to give me some advice.
    Thanks to all

Re: Fanuc 10TE motherboard alarm

With this atitude about Fanuc people and Fanuc products ,sure you will get a lot of help.
    Good luck.