584,861 active members*
4,894 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Known bugs in CY axis main and sub face milling code? Mastercam 2020

Known bugs in CY axis main and sub face milling code? Mastercam 2020

I just got some support from Postability and they resolved my post C index errors and polarity of posted code issues, but then in checking the work, I found this motion issue, which I don't believe to be a postability issue, because I also have seen this kind of stupid arc motion in my mill turn code. Mastercam makes the mill turn sim so odds are this is a Mastercam 2020 issue.

Does anyone know about this issue? I'd like to get my sims and posts right, and do more work for my company and less work trying to figure out how to get Mastercam to work correctly.

I've worked with the turning team at Mastercam a little bit. They have been aware of most of my issues. It seems like they don't really care if the CY subspindle or mill turn products work or not.

My lathe issue
    Attachment 432604
    Attachment 432602
    My mill turn issue
    Attachment 432606
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mastercam backplot.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	432608

Re: Known bugs in CY axis main and sub face milling code? Mastercam 2020

BTW I've pursued the answer to planes in subspindle machines for 3.5 years. If my lathe post is now correct, then these plane combos are probably correct.

Main spindle plane combos for mill ops

Name:	MAIN SPINDLE MILL PLANES .jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	432612

Sub spindle plane combos for mill ops

Name:	Sub Spindle planes.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	432614

I was able to talk to Chris from Postability and deduce from talking to him that dividing X by 2 for fanuc milling backplotting of the Mill turn milling op, I was able to derive a correct view of backplot. So then I realized that my Mill turn upper right face was flipping G02's and G03's. So I know what is wrong with the sim in my experience (maybe not everything wrong with it, but what will solve this problem). That of course doesn't equip me to solve it because I'm not CNC software.

Attachment 432748

We ran the code in the TT1800SY and it ran like it backplotted like it ran choppy and not right. When I divide X by 2, to correct for diameter mode, and then use simple math to replace G03 with G03.1, then G02 with G03, then G03.1 to G02, I get this correct path. I wish I'd have known that on the day I had the issue so I didn't have to run 1200 parts with the rough path above, and a hand coded 2D contour equivalent for finish, but I didn't know this work around then. The workaround shouldn't be needed in mill turn.

Name:	Corrected code.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	432750

Really any board you are not on. I hope it is correct now.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

G03 with G03.1, then G02 with G03, then G03.1 to G02
    hy, in order to lower the edit time, next time, replace G03 with G2, and G02 with G3

or even faster, try to output G=variable_a and G=variable_b, and only assign the variables inside the program, at the begining

or even faster, use a code editor

or maybe, there is a possibility to edit the mastercam source code, but about this i don't know how to do it, i only heard that it is possible, but to what extend ? i don't know ...

I wish I'd have known that on the day I had the issue so
    replacing g3/g2 and dividing x by 2, is not such a big issue ... i mean, yes, it took you a while to figure it out, and i also did not understood such things from the begining ... but, in the end, the issues is small

in y mode, dividing x by 2 is a must, since the cnc converts from turning to milling mode

about those reversed g02/g03, someone had an issue with them being reversed all the time, not only in a specific situation, and it seems that some machines require g02, while other machines require g03, in order to execute identical motions ... he found an easy fix, by editing a parameter inside the machine, so maybe there is such a parameter inside yours

a while ago, i had been in kind of a similar situation, i really did not like it to edit the code, so i was looking for activating a mirror ... and there were some mirrors, but not the one that i needed / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg