585,752 active members*
3,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > Bosch Router on 2’x4’ Standard...?

Bosch Router on 2’x4’ Standard...?

Hey guys!

My new Standard 2’x4’ is ordered and weeks away! I went with Nema 34’s, MX4660 and UC-100.

My question is: Guys who have a Standard or Pro machine, who is using a Bosch/DeWalt router, and happy with the results? I can’t afford a Spindle right now, but will get one ASAP. I’ve just heard guys say a handheld router really won’t be able to keep up with Speeds & Feeds this machine and electronics will be capable of.

Re: Bosch Router on 2’x4’ Standard...?

I use the Bosch 1617. I really want a true spindle though. You have to run it full bore to get the true HP it claims. So you have to play around on feeds and speeds to get what you want out if it.
    I'm definitely getting a spindle, but probably going Chinese. You can get, essentially, the same or better results for$600. But you have to set up the vfd and that's not something I have done previously. I know it will not be that hard, but the time invested in getting it up and running correctly is enough to procrastinate.

I have a 4x8 pro.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeekseven View Post
    I use the Bosch 1617. I really want a true spindle though. You have to run it full bore to get the true HP it claims. So you have to play around on feeds and speeds to get what you want out if it.
    I'm definitely getting a spindle, but probably going Chinese. You can get, essentially, the same or better results for$600. But you have to set up the vfd and that's not something I have done previously. I know it will not be that hard, but the time invested in getting it up and running correctly is enough to procrastinate.

I have a 4x8 pro.
    Well, I had a 2.2 KW Spindle on my last machine, and they are good. Setting up the VFD was somewhat of a nightmare, but it worked. Once I have money, I’ll snag a Spindle/VFD Combo from Amazon. Seen em as cheap as $399.

Am glad to hear you can get by with the 1617, and makes sense you have to MAX the RPM to get full HP. But like you know, some larger diameter bits do NOT like higher RPM’s. . .

I have had a 2.2KW chinese spindle and VFD for 5 years, was less then $300 and they are still less then $300. totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by nlancaster View Post
    I have had a 2.2KW chinese spindle and VFD for 5 years, was less then $300 and they are still less then $300. totally worth it.
    What one do you use?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SceroGuitars View Post
    Hey guys!

My new Standard 2’x4’ is ordered and weeks away! I went with Nema 34’s, MX4660 and UC-100.

My question is: Guys who have a Standard or Pro machine, who is using a Bosch/DeWalt router, and happy with the results? I can’t afford a Spindle right now, but will get one ASAP. I’ve just heard guys say a handheld router really won’t be able to keep up with Speeds & Feeds this machine and electronics will be capable of.
    For feeds you are in control of that part you can adjust to suit what suits spindle performance
    Mactec54

This looks exactly like the one I purchased.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-2KW-WATER....c100290.m3507