584,812 active members*
5,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

lasercad or lightburn?

Was just on lightobjects web sute and saw the software "lightburn" for the fist time Looks like its been around for awhile but just now saw it.

I am using lasercad 7.96 now but would lightburn work in its place (AWC708C controller) and for $80 is lightburn worth the cost over lasercad?
    Any opinions anyone?

Rick

Re: lasercad or lightburn?

So...not one response.... I'm in the same predicament. Trying to decide if LIghtburn is going to be a better choice than lasercad. Did you finally reach a decision? How did it work out?
    Thanks for any and all information.
    keverett

Kererett,

I downloaded the trial ver of lightburn and it blows lasercad away in my option!
    Have not purchased it yet because my controller has some issues itself and I don't know what to replace it with (AWC708 and its the second one I've had)
    Looking at lightobjects controllers, the 708 is listed as one of the better ones, just don't where to find good all around info on controllers in one place.

I have been using lLightburn for some time and I love it. I used a number of freebies and no so freebies. A year ago I ran into this software after reading some comments from other burners. It's worth every dollar... I had to move my licenses around and they have been superb getting me back online. I just recently added a camera option to my Laser which Lighburn supports and it's a blast...

I have Lightburn and love the heck out of it. I have the Lightburn camera installed on my laser which allows it to act like a glowfo*** in the sense that it can overlay your project onto the material as well as watch the progress in real time. hands down, best i have used to date. Im using a Ruida 6442 Controller