584,862 active members*
5,363 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Repeated 411 motion error on y and z axis m400

Good evening folks.

I am working for a guy that has a shizouka with a centroid m400 retrofit. We have had it sitting around the shop forever, but finally decided program something to run it today. After i got the program loaded, and started run cycle, A 411 full power without motion error) came up on the y axis. Hmm weird, reset it and tried it again. Same error. Okay, strange. Restarted the computer. It seems after startup, pressing cycle start the machine will not return home because the z axis now has a 411 error. I cannot manually jog either the y or z axis. I have tried to manually send them home via the MDI interface to no avail. However, I can send the x axis home, and jog it. Does anyone have an idea of what I am missing here? I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Austin

Re: Repeated 411 motion error on y and z axis m400

If no one can help you here, ask the guys over on the Centroid forum: https://centroidcncforum.com/viewfor...0af71dd6470a30
    Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Can you jog the X axis without errors (e.g. in Slow, Continuous jog mode, without trying to home the machine first)?

If not, then it is probably a servo drive or servo power problem, or a problem with the limit switch cable connection to the drive. Your next step would depend on what model M400 you have.

If you tell us your control serial number, then we would have a pretty good idea what model of M400 you have. The control serial number will be on the back or side of the console, and also on the door of the electrical cabinet. It will probably be in either the 6000 series for an original M400; 10000 series for a Uniconsole-2 M400; 20000 series for a Uniconsole-2 M400S; or 100000 series for an MPU11-based M400.

If you can move the X axis without error, but you cannot move Y or Z, then you might again have a servo drive problem or a problem with the limit switch cable connection to the drive.

That is correct, I can jog the x in continuous or interval increments. When I try to do the same with either the Y or the Z, the power indicator goes red and automatically trips the breaker.

The serial from the control is 101649.

Also, I have looked that the limit on the y is working correctly, as itseems I can get it to turn on and off on the display. Is there something else to check in the control box itself?

As for the z axis, where would the z limit switch actually be located?

Thanks so much for your help!

If the limit switch inputs (INP3 and INP4 for Y, INP5 and INP6 for Z) all show green on the Alt-i PLC Diagnostic display, and they do not have white bars above them (indicating the circuits are actually open, but have been inverted in software) then the limits are okay and that is not the problem.

The next thing would be to check whether you can turn the motor or ballscrew freely by hand when power is off (i.e. Emergency Stop is pressed, or the main switch is turned off). Are Y and Z as easy to turn as X?

Next would be to check continuity through the motor power cable and motor. Disconnect the plus and minus power leads from the right-hand side of the ALLIN1DC unit (you do have an ALLIN1DC unit, right?) and measure resistance between them. Given an uninterrupted motor cable connected to a suitable motor, you should probably see between 0.8 and 2.0 Ohms. Also, if you measure resistance from either power lead to chassis ground, you should have a minimum of 1 MegOhm (preferably infinite).