584,800 active members*
4,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: I need help

I need help

our plamsa table was running really great but now it will cut one nice piece and the next one same g-code does'nt cut correctly . We purchased this table in 2016 from a guy named andy from hesperia he seamed ligit he came to our shop set everything up showed us how to use it . he disappeared . something is not set correctly i will up load some photos of the cuts . I have a hypertherm 45 plamsa cutter and a hypertherm 45 interface cable so i can use my hand held tortch on my table . mach 3 seams to run fine with no plasma tourch on . i can cut a amazing piece then it all goes down hill . the first pic is perfectly cut then the others are trashed i also uploded a pic of my table if you need more pics i will upload i really need help i had a guy come recommended our welding supplie place $125 per hour and the only thing he did was hook up my interface cable thank you if you need more info i will give it to you thank you so much... kelly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191211_155048.jpg  

Re: I need help

i'm new to this, but it looks very similar to my first attempts in cutting, while the steppers where jerked around because of the noise/EMI.
    First thing that is cheap, grab a multi meter and check the shielding, you want low ohm, or set it to the beeper and see if it makes a clean beep or irregular noise.

measure the shielding wires, and check if everything is setup in a star i.e. the leads come together at the controller, go there to ground or to the case, no loops.

have you changed anything in the wiring from the mains supply? maybe hooked the plasma to another outlet or something?
    you could try to hook the cnc controller to a cable spool, one of those 10 or 20 meter things, all rolled up. it dampens feedback/noise

another thing to look for is if the relationship of the plasma cutter box to the controller, and keep the cables of the actual cutter/ground and pilot arc as close together as possible

thank you i am going to look into that monday

I would agree that this sounds like an electrical noise issue. I had something similar after changing out the motherboard on my computer. The x and y directions would stutter and lose position. In my case as well, if the torch was off the motion would be smooth and accurate. As soon as the torch was started the issues would start shortly there after. Sometimes I was able to get a couple good parts before the problem would start.

Quote Originally Posted by kelsangels View Post
    our plamsa table was running really great but now it will cut one nice piece and the next one same g-code does'nt cut correctly . We purchased this table in 2016 from a guy named andy from hesperia he seamed ligit he came to our shop set everything up showed us how to use it . he disappeared . something is not set correctly i will up load some photos of the cuts . I have a hypertherm 45 plamsa cutter and a hypertherm 45 interface cable so i can use my hand held tortch on my table . mach 3 seams to run fine with no plasma tourch on . i can cut a amazing piece then it all goes down hill . the first pic is perfectly cut then the others are trashed i also uploded a pic of my table if you need more pics i will upload i really need help i had a guy come recommended our welding supplie place $125 per hour and the only thing he did was hook up my interface cable thank you if you need more info i will give it to you thank you so much... kelly
    from the photos it seems that it goes too fast or torch too far from the metal.
    Regards
    Alfonso AQ TECNO