584,808 active members*
5,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > which any stepper motor and driver should use for 4*2 cnc router machine

Hybrid View

Lightbulb which any stepper motor and driver should use for 4*2 cnc router machine

hi there
    I Need to build a 4*2 cnc router machine and
    i need group (motor,driver,controller)
    for woodworking
    thanks very mach

Re: which any stepper motor and driver should use for 4*2 cnc router machine

Hi Ibrahim - Nema 23s and buildbotics get you all of this. Peter

Is the NEMA motor accurate in 3D drilling?
    Is it enough for this space?
    Which driver should I use?
    Thanks, Peter

I will make a machine similar to this
    I do not want to use servo motors
    https://ibb.co/1vbnp5g

Hi Ibrahim - The accuracy depends on the axis drive system. Std 200 step steppers can achieve very high accuracy. Comes down to the belt/screw/drive nuts/rack and other bits you select to how accurate it will be. If you choose the buildbotic controller you get the drivers and controller in one box ready to go with the wires and you don't need a dedicated computer as its browser based. If you don't want to spend a huge amount of time sorting out the electronics side I recommend you buy a plug and play system like Buildbotics. It does not work out much dearer then buying all the stuff separately anyway and the support is excellent and it will save lots of time ( think in terms of saving months if your a newbie) assembling and organising all the electronics. KISS is best at the beginning.

https://buildbotics.com/ https://camotics.org/

For woodworking a tolerance of +/-0.1mm is fine (???) and this is easily achievable in a 2ft x 4ft machine using chains/belts/screws or rack & pinion up to you.

The machine you imaged is quite a bit bigger then a 2x4. You mean you want to make a small gantry style machine. Heaps of kits out there, OX, ShapeOK etc using aluminium extrusions but look at making it from plywood. Low cost easy to make and modify excellent for a beginner and it will do your woodwork very well. I'd be happy to build a plywood machine at that size and use the buildbotics controller/driver. Perfect... Peter

I've attached a MDF machine FYI scale it down to 2x4ft. But ply is quite a bit stiffer so go with plywood unless $$$ are tight.

Thank you very much, my brother Peter, for the review
    But I meant that I wanted to make a metric machine
    In any case I have benefited from your information a lot and I am now looking into the content of Buildbotics
    I want to clarify my question now
    I want to make a big size 2D and 3D machine
    I have studied several things in it and what remains for me are the engines and drivers
    She studied machine body and transmission via rack, pinion, gearbox, y axis and other things
    What I just want is what are the stepping motors right for my job
    Thank you very much for your kind attention ^_^

Hi Ibrahim - so you mean a 2mx4m machine ? very big. All my comments remain the same. A 2m wide gantry in metal is a very heavy object but if the machine is only intended for woodwork a ply machine makes sense. Motor size is driven by the accelerations you want/need. R&P will be good for long and cross axis, use N23 motors with integral gearbox or use a 3:1 or 5:1 reduction for the R&P drive. Nema 34s probably too big unless you want high accelerations for high rapid speeds.... Use a screw drive for the Z and it will all work fine....Peter

Thank you very much for your comment and your reply ^ _ ^

Hi, Ibrahimaufi,
    Do you mean 4*2ft size? If you are thinking about Chinese router, the Chinese brand easy servo motor is very good quality.

UnionTech CNC

Hi,
    Not in the metric system
    Well, do you know what model of servo motor is right for this machine?
    The machine measures 4 length * 2 width

The servo motor is better absolutely.

Hi Ibrahim, from the size and applicatoin perspective, Nema34 stepping motor with proper step drivers would be sufficient. If you want the router to be powerful, you can go with YAKO2811 driver. About controller, any entry-level 3-axis controller is ok (Mach3, RichAuto DSP, or NC studio)

You can get some information here: https://www.eaglecnctec.com/lists/20...ter-spare.html

Thank you friends
    I have already benefited from your answers
    I am very grateful