584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > NYC CNC 1100MX - Video (3 days ago I think)

NYC CNC 1100MX - Video (3 days ago I think)

The 11" Y is a nice improvement. I knew about that. It could be very handy for setting up fixture plates for making multiple parts at once.

I was not aware its standard with a 10K spndle now. That's a big deal. That really does put it up a step in capability for those who do fine detail work and or use smaller cutters.

I had to smile when they noticed coolant leaks on the cabinet. I' already decided if I pull my enclosure apart, or buy another machine in the future I would not use their strips of goo. I have had very good luck on other things with Dap Clear bathroom tube and tile caulk. I have even used it when just screwing a sink drain to the bottom of a chip pan on other machines.

Sorry. I still don't trust their tool changer. Probably won't buy anotehr one.

Of course the better acceleration and rapids can result in a huge improvement in some types of jobs.

I think I like the new coolant setup better.

Would I buy one. Maybe. I certainly wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, but I would not make a decision just on NYCCNC's reccomendations. They have had a cooperative agreement with Tormach for a fairly long time after all.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Re: NYC CNC 1100MX - Video (3 days ago I think)

300 ipm rapids are nothing to get excited about for an industrial machine, but going from 100 to 300 is really noticeable with the jog shuttle control. Perhaps indirectly telling of what a difference the bt-30 makes, NYCCNC is putting an ATC on their MX. That is the first time for them that I am aware of.
    -Jon

The rigid tapping caught my eye.

I can confirm that rigid tapping works on the 1100MX. It works really well actually. Ran a small 3mm form tap today and had no issues.

You're not going to win any races with this machine but it seems to be working well.

Quote Originally Posted by BasementMachine View Post
    I can confirm that rigid tapping works on the 1100MX. It works really well actually. Ran a small 3mm form tap today and had no issues.

You're not going to win any races with this machine but it seems to be working well.
    Looking forward to tapping.
    -Jon

Quote Originally Posted by BasementMachine View Post

They look well designed and pretty well made. Did it come with a tiny gigabit brix controller?

Does the 1100MX have linear rails now?
    Wasn't mentioned on the website.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by metalfixer View Post
    Does the 1100MX have linear rails now?
    Wasn't mentioned on the website.
    Larry
    nope.
    -Jon