584,862 active members*
5,726 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mitsubishi M80 in comparison to other controllers

Mitsubishi M80 in comparison to other controllers

Hello,

company that I work in is going to buy VMC CNC machine. We choosed manufacturer and equipment and to process whole order we need to check one last thing - CNC controller.

We used to work on Fanuc 0i and Sinumerik 808D and in case of this we wanted to order machine on Fanuc but manufacturer try to convince us to choose Mitsubishi M80.
    I've never before work on Mitsubishi so I wonder if it will be a good choice. I tried to find some feedback on internet from M80 end users but it is quite hard.

Generally, I know something about M8 series controllers and its advantages from Mitsubishi representatives but I'm not sure if this opinion is objective.
    I case of his I've decided to ask here about any experience with Mitsubishi new controllers. What do you think about them and what about its performance in comparison to Fanuc?
    Does this controllers have any big advantage to others?

I know that some big CNC manufacturers uses Mitsubishi for their dedicated products - ex. Mazatrol, Hartrol Plus so I guess that this control can't be bad. I just need some feedback from Mitsubishi end users, especially those who worked on Mitsubishi and Fanuc and what are the main differences between them. It will be hard to learn how to operate on M80 or, if we have some experience with Fanuc it won't be bad?

Re: Mitsubishi M80 in comparison to other controllers

Quote Originally Posted by Enewen View Post
    Hello,

company that I work in is going to buy VMC CNC machine. We choosed manufacturer and equipment and to process whole order we need to check one last thing - CNC controller.

We used to work on Fanuc 0i and Sinumerik 808D and in case of this we wanted to order machine on Fanuc but manufacturer try to convince us to choose Mitsubishi M80.
    I've never before work on Mitsubishi so I wonder if it will be a good choice. I tried to find some feedback on internet from M80 end users but it is quite hard.

Generally, I know something about M8 series controllers and its advantages from Mitsubishi representatives but I'm not sure if this opinion is objective.
    I case of his I've decided to ask here about any experience with Mitsubishi new controllers. What do you think about them and what about its performance in comparison to Fanuc?
    Does this controllers have any big advantage to others?

I know that some big CNC manufacturers uses Mitsubishi for their dedicated products - ex. Mazatrol, Hartrol Plus so I guess that this control can't be bad. I just need some feedback from Mitsubishi end users, especially those who worked on Mitsubishi and Fanuc and what are the main differences between them. It will be hard to learn how to operate on M80 or, if we have some experience with Fanuc it won't be bad?
    If the prices different is not so big, better use the one you are already familiar with, it will save you a lot of time and trouble.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html