584,833 active members*
5,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Plunge rough down to one pass?

Angry Plunge rough down to one pass?

Is there anyway to get this down to one pass? The cutter is 1" and even when I shrink the flat width to .3" I get two columns. I just want one path right down the middle. I don't feel this should be that complicated but I can't figure it out.

I have tried several different combination of contain and avoid area. I am using a face feature since a boss feature doesn't have a plunge rough option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg   3.jpg  

Does any one know how to do this?

Re: Plunge rough down to one pass?

Can you post a screen shot of what your trying to do

I am trying to remove this boss with plunge rough, with one pass down the middle. I can only get it to where is goes down one edge and back up the other, two passes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

Re: Plunge rough down to one pass?

Quote Originally Posted by sundewzer View Post
    Is there anyway to get this down to one pass? The cutter is 1" and even when I shrink the flat width to .3" I get two columns. I just want one path right down the middle. I don't feel this should be that complicated but I can't figure it out.

I have tried several different combination of contain and avoid area. I am using a face feature since a boss feature doesn't have a plunge rough option.
    Are you using "Automatic" or "User Defined" under the "Facing" tab?

If you change it to "User Defined" you can manually define it as a single pass and it should put that pass straight thru the center of the boss. See the attached pic.