585,578 active members*
3,919 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Power Supply Delta Electronics ESR-48/40A Voltage and Current Adjustments

Power Supply Delta Electronics ESR-48/40A Voltage and Current Adjustments

Does anybody know how to change the output voltage and limit the output current in the Delta Electronics ESR-48/40AE power supply? The following web pages this one and the next one have pinouts for two other Delta chargers that seem to match my charger. I believe they all use PMBUS protocol, but I have no experience with is whatsoever. Can I use this CP2112 Debug Board USB to SMBus I2C Communication Module from AliExpress to change the charger's parameters and how?

I'm linking the pinout images directly here:

Delta ESR-48V/56AC 54V(54V~59V) 50A

Delta ESR-48/30G C 54V(43V~58V) 32.22A

Here are some pictures of my charger and some basic technical specs.

Re: Power Supply Delta Electronics ESR-48/40A Voltage and Current Adjustments

These rectifiers from the likes of Delta, Huawei etc are designed to work in a system built up of building blocks according to the end application, which will typically be telecomms, base station, solar power etc. It looks as if these particular ones use either RS485 or CAN to talk to the main system controller. The messaging is most likely proprietary so you'll probably have to buy the matching PSC to be able to go in and change stuff.

Note that these rectifiers are not very adjustable (42-58V?), as they are intended to work with a bank of stand by batteries - the name "rectifier" historically means that - sounds as if you are using them in such a system? These things plug into a rack system via the connectors on the back and are usually "hot pluggable" so you don't need to power the system off to change them. They should simply come on when you power them up but may need to see a battery voltage first, depending how it's been configured.

Have you tried to find a Delta "power system controller" (PSC)? It has a built-in web server so you can log into it with an Ethernet cable to change the configs. Look on Aliexpress or Alibaba if there's nothing nearer home. There's a quick overview here, that gives you an idea what is involved: http://www.rectifier.co.za/Delta/psc-3-tds.pdf

Re: Power Supply Delta Electronics ESR-48/40A Voltage and Current Adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzer View Post
    These rectifiers from the likes of Delta, Huawei etc are designed to work in a system built up of building blocks according to the end application, which will typically be telecomms, base station, solar power etc. It looks as if these particular ones use either RS485 or CAN to talk to the main system controller. The messaging is most likely proprietary so you'll probably have to buy the matching PSC to be able to go in and change stuff.

Note that these rectifiers are not very adjustable (42-58V?), as they are intended to work with a bank of stand by batteries - the name "rectifier" historically means that - sounds as if you are using them in such a system? These things plug into a rack system via the connectors on the back and are usually "hot pluggable" so you don't need to power the system off to change them. They should simply come on when you power them up but may need to see a battery voltage first, depending how it's been configured.

Have you tried to find a Delta "power system controller" (PSC)? It has a built-in web server so you can log into it with an Ethernet cable to change the configs. Look on Aliexpress or Alibaba if there's nothing nearer home. There's a quick overview here, that gives you an idea what is involved: http://www.rectifier.co.za/Delta/psc-3-tds.pdf
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping somebody else has already done the hacking part and know the protocol. These chargers are popular among electric vehicle people because of their small size vs power ratio. I use it in my electric car and have problems on some charging station which I think is due to their peak power consumption. I would like to decrease the output power by limiting the current -- the voltage should remain the same to match my battery pack voltage.

Re: Power Supply Delta Electronics ESR-48/56A Voltage and Current Adjustments

I need circuit diagram ,that can help me