585,712 active members*
3,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Sbare 750 Acramatic 2100

Cincinnati Sbare 750 Acramatic 2100

Hello Cincinnati users.
    It is my first post, please let me introduce ourselves, Fero Engineering is a small engineering company located in the south of Poland. One of the field that we are involved is mechnical treatment. We have Sabre 750 Acramatic 2100 - 1996 - quite old but in good candition I suppose. Suddenly our CNC started to play with us very badly.
    Start machine goes correctly without any diagnostic failures, axes alignment without any unexpected situation or comunicatesl. I can move all axes in any direction and nothing happened. Problem starts during spindle lunching.
    We have got alarm "axes 'drive signal' missing", next alarm "X axis encoder error" and finally automatic shutdown. Fuse F5 is burned. Fuse was replaced and situation reoccured.

Did anybody face this kind of failure? Does anybody know how to solve it and avoid this failure in the future?
    I appreciate all helpful instructions, posts.

Regards
    Mariusz Kucma
    Fero Engineering

Re: Cincinnati Sbare 750 Acramatic 2100

At the risk of stating the obvious, it sounds like you have a short somewhere. F5 on that vintage machine should be 115V that is branched out to several different places so you will need to isolate them and figure out where the problem is. If it only happens when you start the spindle though, I would start by looking at the branch that goes to the servos.