584,850 active members*
4,465 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > 4th Axis tool plunges before positional moves
Page 2 of 2 12

Cool Re: 4th Axis tool plunges before positional moves

Post worked great but I did have to e-stop it first time as it had a G91 code in there at the tool change and cutter tried to rapid into my chuck. Thankfully I sat through it and stopped it. I changed all the G91 to G90 and finished my test part and then my project!

I need to get that so it (G91) stays out of my code. 2 major crashes in the past were due to this and almost a third.

I have yet to try your post to old proven files but will before anointing it my go-to.

I left the zero at the top of the stock and everything else the same except the post. The post is written quite a bit different than the one I normally use...it is not easy finding the difference...there are a lot.

Thank you very much Rob (The Engine Guy) and thanks to all who offered words of advice. Maybe one day I will be smart enough to answer others too.

Thanks again and cheers!:banana::cheers:

Re: 4th Axis tool plunges before positional moves

RackmUp

Apologies, I meant to set it so that there would be no G91 in the code but sidetracked myself with something else and then just plain forgot, real easy to do

Try the new version attached, I have generated code with it here on your Thunderbird file and there are no G91s all G90 now

Regards
    Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: 4th Axis tool plunges before positional moves

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    RackmUp

Apologies, I meant to set it so that there would be no G91 in the code but sidetracked myself with something else and then just plain forgot, real easy to do

Try the new version attached, I have generated code with it here on your Thunderbird file and there are no G91s all G90 now

Regards
    Rob
    You are awesome Rob! I kinda think I figured that part out also but surely appreciate your efforts! :cheers:

Page 2 of 2 12