I have a Hurco VM10i with the Winmax 5 control. I have been running a program with a G43 H07 line in it to set my tool height value.
This morning I put -.010" in the length offset screen and the machine drove the tool into my table (#@%$%$# great start to my Monday). If I put the length offset at 0 it runs fine.

Here is the weird part. I was playing around with it to try and figure out what I did wrong. When I put the -.010 in the offset again and tried to run it, I got an error saying that the machine was out of Z travel limits by .550". If I put the offset value in as +.010 I get an error saying it is out of travel limits by .530". When I put it back to 0 offset, it runs fine.

Obviously the G43 H07 line is causing some kind of problem. I don't normally use any length call out in my programs and they run fine, other than I can't use the length offset feature because I don't call up an offset.

Any idea what is happening? And, any idea why it crashed the first time but when I tried it again it gave me the out of machine limit error? It would have been really nice to get that error the first time and save my tool and my table.