584,849 active members*
4,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak H-500 Alarm

Help!! Anyone out there ever get the foloowing alarm??

365 ATC Shifter Was Broken

M-32B Control: We can reastart the machine and run it, but it is time consuming doing that. It will run for a few cycles then alarm out again. The 365 number is not in our book for some reason. There are no physical issues with the ATC system. Hope someone has had this problem and can help. Thanks in advance. Joe

This alarm is very common on older machines. I expect that you have a faulty proximity switch cable to the shifter extend and retract switches. As the shifter sweeps from waiting pot to magazine or vice versa, the o/p vanishes momentarily, you will not see this on the I/O page, it is too fast. I always change both proximity switches as they normally have both been there the same length of time. Do not be tempted to cut the wire and put a join in, this will come back to haunt you many times, it is only a short run to the terminal box.

Note, the retracted switch has to be a short one, e.g 33mm long or you cannot reassemble the guards, but the extend one can be a 50mm long.

This normally sorts the problem, but if it occurs after the arm has retracted, also check the extend switch operator, this rod can get very stiff and allow both extend and retract to be on togethor, when the spring finally pulls it back, the arm will carry on normally to the parked position with the same alarm.

Whilst up the top, it is worth cleaning the tool in magazine optical switch, when gunged up, the system always sees no tool in magazine, not normally a problem unless you manually attempt to put a tool away after a hang up, in which case you can end up attempting to put one tool in the same pot as another. They do not normally bounce to well!!

Gem,

Thanks, got the prox's on order. Should know tomorrow night. Those babies aren't the easist to get to.

Joe

Gem,

Changed out the two prox's on the tool shifter. Machine ran two cycles and alarmed out again. Any other ideas. I'd call my service guy, but when the alarm number isn't even in the book, makes me worry the prints won't have anything for him to follow. What do you think. Thanks, Joe

Gem,

Finally got my tech to look at this machine. He found the problem within a couple of minute. The sensor for the tool in the magazine was working intermitantly. Everytime I looked at it it was on. Just my luck, but it is up and running 100%. Thanks for all your input, it really help my tech shorten up the troubleshooting.

hello good morning, I hope I could help with a alarma626 that appeared on my machine, from one moment to another appeared this alarm and can not run a program

love patience and appreciate your response if you have had experience with this alarm