585,759 active members*
3,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 458 of 460 358408448456457458459460
Results 9,141 to 9,160 of 9197

Re: The Coming Climate Change

Tell it to China and India, we're not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by RCWorks.com View Post
    Tell it to China and India, we're not buying it.
    Ah right, well I guess if you dont believe in math and science as it seems many on the extreme right do not well its increasingly looking like its your funeral. ie in the meantime the innovation and pace of adoption of new, critical technologies is moving to china. That means more and more in the future the US will be paying royalties on chinese IP, ironic really, Chairman Mao must have a huge smile on his face.

PS I think you'll find that your Government has "bought" the science on your behalf, enjoy.

The U.S. is not the problem, you need to go to the problem and that is China and India.

It was all the regulation that made industry pick up ad leave. That what our government bought us.

We can fire the idiots in government soon enough. Trump is a sign that BS isn't selling this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RCWorks.com View Post
    The U.S. is not the problem, you need to go to the problem and that is China and India.

It was all the regulation that made industry pick up ad leave. That what our government bought us.

We can fire the idiots in government soon enough. Trump is a sign that BS isn't selling this year.
    Now we drift into economics. No, Industry packed up and left because labour and energy were far cheaper than at home. This isnt what Govn bought you but the leaders of industry and finance mostly heavy GOP supporters every one. They must be laughing their heads off when they see ppl saying what you have above.

Cheap Gas from shale and expensive bunker oil has seen US industry recover a little, though we are seeing more automation so jobs, not so good. If however you want to look at where the jobs really are coming from its installing Green energy like Wind and solar. Yes I am serious go look at how many jobs are being created for americans in that sector and it could (and will eventually) employ 10 times that on the ground in America. Just look at how many farmers in the mid west are putting wind and solar on their farms and making a very reasonable income for no impact on their farming as a great example.

In terms of chinese emissions they are basically one huge factory that sells produce abroad so really much of a country's emissions is not accounted proberly as it occurs in manufacturing not done in that country. So mush of the time you buy cheap in walmart that's chinese you are employing and not americans. At least you make the best AR's in the USA still, I love my Stag.

Trump well he is a narcissistic *******, but you have to love him as he's a honest, forthright *******, you know what you'll get. Unlike the rest who are just as bad if not worse but hide it and will sell us all down the river. So I hope Trump wins the nomination, pretty sure he will. Hilary? oh my god, lets not go there she's been bought hook line and sinker like an expensive hooker by the banks and Wall street and its these who are our real enemies. I just hope Trump follows through on his promise and wacks them.

Let us just stick to the facts and dispense with the political BS.

All you need to know about climate change and it's backers.

I become a member of this site to learn more about CNC Router equipment and find that it too has an opinionated lot. Well, when I was young and would see a group of my friends having fun, I would join in.

Supporters of the theory Climate Change, a.k.a. Global Warming, a.k.a. the Coming Ice Age, etc, have long preached that by now oceanic water levels would have risen enough to flood much of Manhattan, Jacksonville and Key Largo, but so far these lowlands are still high and dry. It has been proven that historical data regarding temperature readings around the globe has been tampered with or altered to support the claim that man was indeed causing a negative change to the climate. Now the Weather Channel is even naming snow storms and over dramatizing thunderstorms and tropical storms to make a case for gloom and doom. (I can still remember seeing Jim Cantore during a live shot acting like he could hardly stand and fighting for his very survival while in the background an young woman was out walking her dog).

Like Orson Well's, "The War of The Worlds" climate change too is a farce, created and now sustained by people who believe our fear give them access to the national treasury. Speaking of the National Treasury or specifically the national debt....well that's another post.

Lets get back to CNC machines.

LJ

LJ you are a beacon of common sense, in a pretty much senseless argument. Lets hope that the doomsayers can not convince the masses.

All well said, however I do enjoy the comments others have made here.

"Lets get back to CNC machines"

I do not see our discussion and CNC Machines as being mutually exclusive.

I often ponder the frequency that the ice melting in my glass of water has caused the contents to spill over...

This planet has been around a lot longer than we have, and our position in relation to our star really hasn't altered much. A volcano eruption can cause more change in the climate than humans can. Heck, it was proven that our "increase in Co2" has contributed to larger plant leaves and higher leaf density in recent days.

Is the planet's climate changing? Sure. It always has been. Are humans a factor? Sure, we as much as every other amount of mass that occupies this rock. Are we to BLAME for the climate changing? Heck no. The order of magnitude of our impact compared to other global events is negligible. Space weather from our star has a higher significance of atmospheric change than the human race has. A larger volcanic eruption can all but erase in overshadow what we as humans output.

Well said! Now if only the climate fanatics can find a shred of common sense, before they vote in a Mega Tax to fix their boogieman problem.

The whole point of science is to look objectively at how good our understanding of "common sense" really is!! I have a relative who is directly involved in this research, who I trust on this subject more than anyone I know. This stuff is NOT simple, and I don't blame you guys for the fact that you've been massively misinformed. There has literally been $$BILLONS$$ of dollars spent in making it so. This is not conjecture, these are known facts.
    This bad information is brought to you by the same sources that were telling us that smoking does not cause cancer in the 1960's. The SAME company that was founded for the sole purpose of casting doubt on the scientific evidence behind Smoking's Relation to Cancer then is behind much of the "Denier" propaganda today.
    From Wikipedia.com search "ExxonMobil climate change controversy". Check the sources, it's verified:
    "Exxon launched a research program into climate change and climate modeling, including a $1 million, three-year research project which outfitted their largest supertanker, the Esso Atlantic (fr), with a laboratory and sensors to measure the absorption of carbon dioxide by the oceans.[11][12] In 1981, Exxon shifted its research focus to climate modelling.[13] These climate modelling efforts were part of the broad scientific consensus on climate change.[13] In 1982, Exxon's environmental affairs office circulated an internal report to Exxon's management which indicated that a significant reduction in fossil fuel consumption would be necessary to curtail future climate change, and that the consequences could be catastrophic. It also noted that "there is concern among some scientific groups that once the effects are measurable, they might not be reversible."[14][15]" ..."
    Under law, Exxon's primary obligation is to generate profits for their shareholders. They (and other companies) have been paying to cover up these SCIENTIFIC findings, by subtly swaying public opinion and by funding candidates for political office. (This is why Corporations should not have the same right to free speech as individuals.) Right now, Climate Science is in a position similar to the Science on Smoking and Cancer was in about 1962.
    Finally, just for a moment consider that you might be wrong, then think about the consequences. On the other hand, if we take steps to move away from a carbon based energy economy, think about the effects of that! New opportunities for innovation-based R&D and manufacturing jobs (great for machinists), fewer poisons in our air and water, we don't have to worry about what happens when the stuff runs out...
    And that Tax thing you mentioned is the real "boogieman". For most people, a common sense approach would have hardly any effect. You might pay a few bucks more at the pump, but then again, you should! And look up the term "Externalities" in relation to fossil fuels. We'd be paying for less of those. This is a net positive, even if you STILL doubt the science behind the human causation of accelerated global warming!

Interesting to note how most of the same crowd preaching climate "science" rebuke science when it comes to DNA; ergo which restrooms we are permitted to use. Science proves beyond a doubt which sex a person IS but somehow that is brushed aside in favor of how one "self identifies".
    In the case of climate change, I "identify" as a global warmer and prefer sweating to freezing my butt off.

Hi....me too, one reason I relocated to OZ from UK back in the early 80's.
    Ian.

Try moving to India. It's become so much warmer there that heat related deaths have been increasing dramatically, but that's just because of increased solar activity, right? It would be a great climate for you!
    Besides, you're correct in thinking that the global conspiracy behind trans-gender bathrooms and global warming has caused the price of tea in China to spike! And when the Chinese can't afford their tea... that's the real threat to us all!!!

“We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our house for fuel when we should be using Nature’s inexhaustible sources of energy--sun, wind and tide. I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that.”
    -Thomas Edison

Not just us then ( University of East Anglia Data hack ) . Makes things harder when those that should know better are cooking the books. I suppose F.T.M. ( Follow The Money ) is the only way to get to the bottom of this mess!!

You know, I used to feel sorry for all of the kids that have been brainwashed with this ridiculous junk science. But now I just look at it as cheap entertainment. If they want to live in a yurt & drive a tiny smart ( Oxymoron) car, more power to them!
    Nothing makes me chuckle more than when one of those itty bitty clown cars parks next to me in my 77 Coupe Deville at the store! Those brainiacs still don't understand that the electricity used to charge their 'pollution free' kiddy car death traps comes from a oil or coal burning power plant!
    But But, if everybody on the planet drove these it might lower the earths temperature by one hundredth of one degree a thousand years from now!
    You will never change their mind though. So just live in comfort . Laughter is the best medicine!
    I have to go now. Time to dump another five gallon pail of used motor oil in my burn barrel. Looks cool at night!

As you sow, so shall ye reap.........enjoy your lifestyle while you have it, one day yours will just be a dusty museum exhibit that nobody looks at.

Page 458 of 460 358408448456457458459460