584,854 active members*
4,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 459 of 460 359409449457458459460
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 9197

Re: The Coming Climate Change

Michael Mann has crawled out of his hole once again and is trying to get back to the top........

Michael Mann, climate scientist: Data 'increasingly unnecessary' because 'we can see climate change' - Washington Times

Michael Mann, scientist: Data ‘increasingly unnecessary’ because ‘we can see climate change’

Leading climate doomsayer Michael Mann recently downplayed the importance of climate-change science, telling Democrats that data and models “increasingly are unnecessary” because the impact is obvious.

“Fundamentally, I’m a climate scientist and have spent much of my career with my head buried in climate-model output and observational climate data trying to tease out the signal of human-caused climate change,” Mr. Mann told the Democratic Platform Drafting Committee at a hearing.

“What is disconcerting to me and so many of my colleagues is that these tools that we’ve spent years developing increasingly are unnecessary because we can see climate change, the impacts of climate change, now, playing out in real time, on our television screens, in the 24-hour news cycle,” he said.

Global warmists/climate changers say scientists just want to save all of mankind while another group of scientists want to kill off 90 percent of the humans infesting the earth....and they get a standing ovation for putting the idea forward......

Group of scientists gave standing ovation for plan to kill 90 percent of human population with airborne Ebola - NaturalNews.com

Group of scientists gave standing ovation for plan to kill 90 percent of human population with airborne Ebola

Well if it only worked on progressive liberals I might give a WOOT myself.

I told ýa, Dufa, that the plethora of Humans is the root cause of all the problems.....get rid of them one way or the other and there'll be plenty to go around......or do a minute bit of surgical procedures to limit the further spread of the mass population that you don't need to have.

I blame the effing Catholic church for promoting their idea of a one world religion to replace all religions simply by creating a mass indoctrination program where every body chants the same ritual every day while standing in their rags........only the hierarchy of the church sees any money that gets passed over the plate.....that is a fact.

If you want to see what it could be like with an over population situation like they have in southern Africa, watch the DVD called Elysium........in Africa this is a very real every day situation, and it can't get better.

BTW......YOU need some serious professional help if you believe some scientists are planning to eliminate 90% of the population.....better get down in the bunker before they start putting that plan into operation......LOL... you old doomsday prepper you.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by JOliver View Post
    Try moving to India. It's become so much warmer there that heat related deaths have been increasing dramatically, but that's just because of increased solar activity, right? It would be a great climate for you!
    Besides, you're correct in thinking that the global conspiracy behind trans-gender bathrooms and global warming has caused the price of tea in China to spike! And when the Chinese can't afford their tea... that's the real threat to us all!!!
    jOliver, your posts indicate you are a staunch supporter of climate change in that mankind has played a dramatic and almost UN-repairable role in causing it. With this in mind, I have a few questions:
    I assume you are a CNC owner, could you be a woodworker as well?
    Own other tools and equipment, drill press, lathe, table saw,planet, dust collector?
    Keep these in your garage or do you have a stand alone shop, say 30' by 40'?
    Of course you keep this climate controlled right? I mean for the 10 hours a week you spend there you do want to be comfortable.
    I mentioned the garage, you park your Volt and your Prius in there or maybe your Ram truck and Chrysler 300? Keep the garage heated as well?
    What about a boat, camper, riding lawn tractor, garden tiller, gas blower for the asphalt drive?
    And the house, is it a modest ranch at 1,500 square feet or is it closer to 3,000 square feet of living space that is fully decorated, carpeted and cooled with central air? Nice washer and dryer, dish washer, trash compactor, 55" flat screen TV? Maybe more than one TV? How many computers, laptops, IPads, iphones?

You hopefully see where I am going with this. Don't feel bad if you are the proud owner of some or all of the fine things I have listed here. For you see, most all climate change supporters live in nice homes, drive nice cars, own many energy consuming luxuries. Just like Al Gore who went so far as to buy ( or build ) a huge mansion on the east cost because he to believes in sacrificing in order to save the planet (sarcasm).

Ever notice that it is always hot someplace else where most people do or cannot travel? India, the North Pole, etc.

If you really expect the rest of us to even begin to give consideration to you gloom and doom theorist then you are going to need to decrease your own 'carbon foot print' to the level you expect the rest of us to drop to. Which, by the way, if we all, everybody world wide, did change our standard of living as you propose there would be only a 0.003 percent reduction in CO2 levels......BWAHAHAHAHA......

Is the Boat a Ranger or SkiNautic?

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    As you sow, so shall ye reap.........enjoy your lifestyle while you have it, one day yours will just be a dusty museum exhibit that nobody looks at.
    funny, i found that in the bible somewhere.

you know i can't stand the catholic church either.

but i do believe that man has dominion over this earth.

that is Not to say that we have permission to destroy it, but simply that entropy is running its course anyway, and humans have priority over other animals, for self evident reasons. If we make human animal hybrids that can talk, we will have to give space to them i suppose)

yes i Hate the fact that we're killing off most every species faster than we can even discover that we're killing them off.

But we're now at the point where we have enough technology to mess up a vaccine and destroy ourselves too, so maybe we will reap what we have sowed to the earth: death; and the human race will die off again to just a few dozen people.

I am concerned that the science fiction authors of a century ago appear to be better "prophets" than anyone else today, on a short term basis, my crystal ball got broken when i discovered that ww1 went according to schedule.

but global warming? we're overdue for an ice age according to the 11,000 year cycles, allegedly, or near it.

I suppose the question is, will the next 500 to 1000 years be defined by fear (assuming the technology level stagnates): "perhaps there's too much co2 in the air" "perhaps there isn't enough?!" and we're going to prevent the next ice age from occurring? "or it will happen sooner"

Or celebration!!!!: that we put so much co2 in the air that we prevented the next ice age, allowing man kind the time required to develop the technology to get off this planet?

many people put their hope in these dreams.

Something to get Hanywhacker's panties in a bunch..............
    ************************************************** ***************************

Reservoirs play substantial role in global warming

Reservoirs play substantial role in global warming
    September 30, 2016 by Eric Sorensen

Washington State University researchers say the world's reservoirs are an underappreciated source of greenhouse gases, producing the equivalent of roughly 1 gigaton of carbon dioxide a year, or 1.3 percent of all greenhouse gases produced by humans.

That's more greenhouse gas production than all of Canada.

As we are slowly being pushed back to the 17th century....................
    ************************************************** **************************************

https://www.americanbazaaronline.com...w-study417804/

Hydropower isn’t as clean as we thought.

Hydropower has always been touted as a clean source of generating electricity, despite of the facts that it displaces thousands of people from their natural abodes, destroys their lives and livelihoods and submerges huge amounts of lands and forests.

Now, a new study claims that it is also accelerating global warming (See:
    Hydropower is accelerating global warming

Hydropower is not as clean as it appears now. Though much attention has been paid to their effects on fisheries and the natural flow of rivers, little attention has been focused on their carbon footprint. According to new studies, the reservoirs are responsible for 1.3% of all GHG emissions worldwide. Now it is to calculate how it will affect the hydropower-depending nations, especially those who are developing ones, in the following years to meet the Paris Agreement guidelines and other international climate policies.

The methane in reservoirs is produced by microbes living in the water consuming organic matter.
    its going to take some work to prove that hydro power reservoirs produce more methane, than the trees and decaying plant matter that would have naturally grown in those areas produced before the dam was installed. its probably much easier to measure the methane produced in a lake, than a marsh.. so lack of data is no excuse to jump to conclusions.

lots of hydro plants are not in tropical areas and there is very little vegetation, except around the edges of the lake. so for those locations, it could be argued that the dam increased the methane production, but i can't imagine it would be worth it to take the dam out. wouldn't it be cheaper to drain a marsh somewhere?

how many millions of acres are locked away by the epa rules on wetlands?

Quote Originally Posted by dufas View Post
    As we are slowly being pushed back to the 17th century....................
    ************************************************** **************************************

https://www.americanbazaaronline.com...w-study417804/

Hydropower isn’t as clean as we thought.

Hydropower has always been touted as a clean source of generating electricity, despite of the facts that it displaces thousands of people from their natural abodes, destroys their lives and livelihoods and submerges huge amounts of lands and forests.

Now, a new study claims that it is also accelerating global warming (See:
    Hydropower is accelerating global warming

Hydropower is not as clean as it appears now. Though much attention has been paid to their effects on fisheries and the natural flow of rivers, little attention has been focused on their carbon footprint. According to new studies, the reservoirs are responsible for 1.3% of all GHG emissions worldwide. Now it is to calculate how it will affect the hydropower-depending nations, especially those who are developing ones, in the following years to meet the Paris Agreement guidelines and other international climate policies.
    Dufa....have you ever considered that the reason we have more and more water based electricity generators is because WE HAVE TOO MANY DAMMED PEOPLE....and the problem won't go away seeing as how we now make sure that every one of them born, either in good health or a village idiot will survive come what may.

Time to evaluate what is required and bite the bullet like it or not.....you can't keep burying your head in the sand and hope the problem will go away.......maybe you could pray that it will, but that's rank Catholicism without reservation.

BTW......don't get your knockers in a twist with this suggestion, but it might help if you do.
    Ian.

At what school did Rick Majerus coach immediately before being hired by the University of Utah?

Quote Originally Posted by beispiel View Post
    At what school did Rick Majerus coach immediately before being hired by the University of Utah?
    Who gives a f.... ............................................
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

I'm in the design process for a solar powered machine shop and initially i only plan to operate one mill/lathe at a time and I've calculated that a 5k pv system can operate a 1.5 hp setup (on a yearly basis, given the average sunlight in my area). The assumption is based on a 5 day, 8 hour work period.
    I think i've discovered a place to lower electricity costs tho, in case I need to do some limited overtime. Since I'm using LinuxCNC and running off a laptop, there's an inherent power loss by using an inverter to change 12 volts to 120, then using a power supply to drop the voltage back down to what the laptop uses. Does anyone know of a computer system that will accept a standard 12 volt supply from the batteries that is LinuxCNC compatible, so I don't have to lose the power from the double conversion?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

My view is that we are living on a rock, a nice rock but just a rock. There are many more rocks out there some of them useful to us. Our rock has a finite life time, it will be destroyed one day.
    Our sun will expand one day vaporising this little rock of ours. We will be struck again by an asteroid like the ones in our past. It is our duty, our destiny to leave this rock one day. I have no problem with consuming every erg available to get us off of this rock. We belong amongst the stars. If you want something to fret about, worry that explorers from elsewhere will find a dead word here with our fingers around each others throats.

https://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/anyvolt3 this is powering the laptop on my yardbot

from the article

"Terry said that solar panels use hazardous materials like sulfuric acid and toxic phosphine gas in their manufacturing. Recycling these materials is extremely difficult and the panels have relatively short operational lifespans."
    yep, they are so toxic they don't get recycled.. they get re-used and consumed. God forbid you get in a car crash and that gallon of sulfuric acid in your car battery takes some zinc off the guard rail

"If you just throw a solar panel in a landfill, it’ll break down and cause issues"
    no it won't. glass, silicon, lead free solder. no worse than any other electronics. bacteria will evolve to eat the EVA given enough time.

"Barrett also pointed out that nuclear waste with the greatest radiation hazard decays fairly quickly, while solar panel waste can remain in the environment for a much longer period of time."

spare me. grind up those panels and dump them on the beach. a few years later you won't be able to tell the difference between natural sand and the ground up glass vs the silicon. given time bacteria and UV will take care of the eva and the epoxy, and the silicone.

for what its worth.. NF3 might be the easiest chemical man can make if we need to release it into the atmosphere to prevent the next iceage.

I never realized the solar panels were so toxic. I have never done any parts for the solar industry in support of it yet for most other industries I have most of my focus being Oil related which of course is a world to itself. Machinerys Handbook invaluable not just one edition either all I can find. I am waiting for when previous editions are made available digitally which can at least satisfy my curiosity, it gives me access to the way things have been done by our predicessors. The cool stuff .

The inevitability of the impending serious climate changes, the global and large-scale of which can be observed today on the entire planet, puts everyone before the line of personal choice. The climate is changing, and it is happening right now. In some parts of the world, annual rainfall is expected to decline over the long term, while in other regions, fluctuations in rainfall and temperature will noticeably affect the growing season of some plants. You can follow the weather and climate changes here https://world-weather.info/forecast/usa/new_york/

Quote Originally Posted by roundman View Post
    I never realized the solar panels were so toxic. I have never done any parts for the solar industry in support of it yet for most other industries I have most of my focus being Oil related which of course is a world to itself. Machinerys Handbook invaluable not just one edition either all I can find. I am waiting for when previous editions are made available digitally which can at least satisfy my curiosity, it gives me access to the way things have been done by our predicessors. The cool stuff .
    I agree

Page 459 of 460 359409449457458459460