585,763 active members*
4,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas "Tool Type" Macro Variable?

Question Haas "Tool Type" Macro Variable?

Hello everyone, I have a question concerning the macro variables for the tool offset information. I know that variables #2001-#2200 represent the tool length offsets, #2201-#2400 = tool length wear, etc.;however, I have not been able to figure out which set of variables represent the “Tool Type” column. I could not find anything in the manual about that, and I've e-mailed this question to HFO several weeks ago, but have had no response. I’ve attached a screen shot, and added some text of my own(highlighted in brown), for clarification. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Haas "Tool Type" Macro Variable?

Are you sure it is even a variable? I mean, does it actually affect the cut path or what the machine does? Those might be only for operator assistance (so they can easily see what each tool is) not actually machine operation...or perhaps they affect the Haas conversational programming...?

I know on my Mazak mill it doesn't matter what you call the tool if you are programming in EIA...
    Tim

I am fairly certain that column is not covered by macros.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipHead99 View Post
    Hello everyone, I have a question concerning the macro variables for the tool offset information. I know that variables #2001-#2200 represent the tool length offsets, #2201-#2400 = tool length wear, etc.;however, I have not been able to figure out which set of variables represent the “Tool Type” column. I could not find anything in the manual about that, and I've e-mailed this question to HFO several weeks ago, but have had no response. I’ve attached a screen shot, and added some text of my own(highlighted in brown), for clarification. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Call the factory line and ask for applications. They should be able to tell you if the macro exists or not.

I really wish that column were accessible via macros, I'd love to hear some good news. It would make clearing the offsets page easier...

Hey,
    with NGC it is #50001-50200
    but since your post is from 2015 you probably work with an older control

Quote Originally Posted by ChipHead99 View Post

Mark from Haas Tip of the day has this spread sheet for all the vaiables see attached or go to this page https://www.haascnc.com/video/Video-Bonus-Content.html