Hi folks,

Have a Cincinnati Sabre 1000 with an Acramatic 850sx control that stopped booting up last month. Was cutting parts the day prior, then shutoff in the evening and no boot the next morning. Nothing bumped or worked on in the cabinet between the two days. After working with Fives on a few ideas I'm stuck, and wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

Control and operator stations move through the boot cycle just fine until the end, when the two should handshake on the serial connection and be ready, but the operator station is stuck at "host control initializing" on the first screen and the control box is stuck with an amber run light (signifying booting, not ready) and no error leds. (video -- https://youtu.be/KirFUfg7cIA) Have tried reseating and visually inspecting cards in the control chassis and I/O rack, multiple boots with the diagnostic switches on and off, and with connectors removed. Also tried a soft recovery procedure on the mmc card. This week I bypassed the old serial data wire between the control and op station in case of a short but no change.

Fives is to the point of suggesting I buy and old control and op station and try swapping those around, but I'm hoping there are simpler/cheaper things to try. Especially if I need to pay them $1500+ to reflash a system eprom from a salvage control board. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
John