584,860 active members*
5,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma MA-50HB with OSP-E100 CONTROL
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Okuma MA-50HB with OSP-E100 CONTROL

Hi all,

Problem solved. We finally got our machine back online last week. Our coolant issue is fixed ( FINALLY! ) and the machine is good to go.

Okuma Wiz...thanks for your help. I put my subprograms in with the main and sent it all together. Presto! Program is good to go.

Almost forgot..I used running method A with this program.

I like this machine already. I've never worked on an Okuma before and this is a pretty good size horizontal mill. I'm starting to get used to the control also. It's very user friendly.

It's built like a tank,fast as a bullet,and quiet as a mouse.

Thanks to all others who guided me in the right direction. I'm looking forward to see what this thing is really capable of.

Cheers

Our coolant issue is fixed
    hy, please, what was the issue ?

Almost forgot..I used running method A with this program.
    i guess you could switch to B and leave it like that for a loooooooooooong time
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy, please, what was the issue ?

i guess you could switch to B and leave it like that for a loooooooooooong time
    The problem was a leak in the back end of the spindle when using the thru spindle coolant. Service tech finally fixed it.

I've got no idea what the fix was but it's done

Use caution if it's high pressure coolant through. Some of those machines will get damaged because the HP coolant will act like a hydraulic cylinder and tear up the rear bearings by hydraulic thrust overload. Newer designs remedied this effect, but older ones had the issue. HP meaning 1000 PSI and above...check your spindle design to be sure.
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Page 2 of 2 12