585,908 active members*
3,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Arrow 1000 Y axis problem / Vickers AS10300 codes

Arrow 1000 Y axis problem / Vickers AS10300 codes

Hello. Very cool to see a dedicated Cincinnati forum! I've been programming, running and fixing Cincinnati machines with the A2100 controller for 13 years now! Before that was 2 Cincinnati 5v, NC machines. We currently have a Lancer 1250, Arrow 1000, and Arrow 500.

The reason for this post is because our Arrow 1000 has been giving me a Y axis servo fail and Y axis following error. I went ahead and swapped everything for X and Y in the back panel at the Vickers AS10300 servo controllers. The errors remained but I was able to handle wheel the X axis as driven by the Y controller. So the Vickers AS10300 for the Y is working well.

I put everything back in place. Removed the rear cover to the Y servo motor and removed the 2 plugs on the motor. I did an inspection and cleaned a little and put everything back together. The errors went away !!! I wrote a program to sweep Y over and over, (g98y20,g98y0) and it worked for about 20 mins before the Axis kicked out with the same errors as before.

So again I removed the 2 plugs from the motor and put them back. Sure enough the Y axis worked again. However again after about 45mins it kicked out with the same errors.

I tried a 3rd time, remove the plugs from Y motor and put them back. Now this time the Axis does not work and I get a new error. Axis drives not enabled. All axis kick off and I'm back to machine power required. The Vickers AS10300 displays a flashing P. I think knowing what P means is the key to fixing this problem. I suspect a bad cable......

Some thing to note is that our Arrow 1000 has a bad nut on the X axis. So you can hear a BANG when the axis changes direction. When I press for machine power required, I can hear the X axis making small little bang noises so it must be jumping around ever so slightly before the axis drives kick out with the error.

Is there a reference on the internet or can someone post the display codes for the Vickers Acramatic Servo AS10300 and what the mean?

Any other help about how to get this 1000 working again?

Thanks!

Chaz :
    is f this are the Vicker-Acramatic Blue servodrivers then :
    according to a sheet i have here , P Display error means :
    OverCurrent !! Possible Cause: Power stage surge current

Chaz, Where do you have this alarm?
    on a single amp ?

Does the "P" only display when the machine is enabled?
    Or is it displayed constantly at drive power-up?
    Shut down the machine totally.
    Remove motor power wires from the drive and power back up. Is "P" showing up?
    If yes power back down, and check all 3 motor connections "one at a time to 'Bus-' on drive connections
    (with motor power disconnected). If shorted the drive must be repaired. It is defective
    No? Check for free travel; this error displayed is generally from stiff or no machine movement that caused the drive
    to exert too much torque exceeding the IGBT's current capabilities...

You can download our manual here:

http://www.kollmorgen.com/zu-za/prod...ce_en-us_reva/

software here:
    http://www.kollmorgen.com/zu-za/prod...ware_rev4.5.2/

Manual lists faultl codes.

P means output short on drive; can be internal or external. You had issues messing with the motor connectors (or simply letting the motor cool while you thought you effected it by removing connectors). In any case, a short in the cable or connector or motor will cause P.

You usually can cause 2-10 P faults before you blow the drive. So it is good to find the external short FAST and not simply power up.down or you eventually just cause constant P by blowing the drive.

check for this by removing the 3 motor wires Ma,Mb,Mc at the drive then power up; if still P fault then you blew the drive it needs to be sent in for repair - with the 10-15000 of these drives in active duty in the USA today, we repair probably an avg of 2 per day. Pm or email us if you want further help.

Meanwhile get your ohmmeter out and FIND THAT INTERMITTENT SHORT. Or else you will likely blow the repaired drive when you put it back on the bad cable/motor.

Also, know that a P fault cannot be caused by high friction or any other mechanical thing - it is current rising 1000x faster than any mechanical load can cause.

Re: Arrow 1000 Y axis problem / Vickers AS10300 codes

this kink are dead, anyboday know new link and can share manual? i need manula for AS10300 and aps7500