584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > SIEMENS Sinumerik CNC controls > SIEMENS -> GENERAL > The TRAORI function problem in the machine of 5Axis BC which is DMG 50EVO

The TRAORI function problem in the machine of 5Axis BC which is DMG 50EVO

1. The start condition as follow picture 1?the vice clampling a block on the table with 20 degree?the machine control is Siemens 840D with BC axis which is non-orthogonal axes.
    2. Second,I use the Renishaw probe touch the two point on the side and calculate the angle as follow picture 2.
    3. Then the C-axis rotate angle calculated at step 2,now the part is on the machine coordinate exactly. see picture3.
    4. Next,set the zero point to G54 with XYZ and C .see picture4
    5. Run the program ,see picture5 ,this is a very simple program of 3-Axis for milling the top surface,but the machining path is wrong?and the 5-axis program also does not work.

I think the TRAORI function is not consider C value in G54?It calculate use the mechanic zero ?Thats mean I mus be put the part on the machine coordinate system everytime exactly ?I don’t want this ?I prefer to set the part or fixture on the machine with free angle and use the probe find the angle between the coordinate of machine and the part coordinate of programming .
    I must be use the TRAORI function in 5-axis program?So I want to ask is it possibilities to change something ?such as machine parameters or program to solve this problem.Thank you very much.

Re: The TRAORI function problem in the machine of 5Axis BC which is DMG 50EVO

hi,
    Did you try ROT Z xx ?

G90G54 G0 X0 Y0 Z100 B0 C0
    TRAORI
    ROT Z45
    X50
    M0

result axis positions x 35.355 y35.355

without "rot z45" result x50

ROT, Absolute rotation with reference to the currently valid workpiece zero set with G54 to G599.

I do not remember exactly ,maybe you can change from direct md parameters( transformations frames) but not only one, must be a few of the md parameters.

if you want to try something else, workoffset >>overview>> C axis column- G54 line : you can write degree of rotation. if put 45 degre,axis states in the first same example will be inverted.

be careful on other surfaces of the part.I just talking about your face milling operating.

You can check " 840D sl/840Di sl/840D/840Di/810D Fundamentals - Frames ".