584,833 active members*
5,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Axis controller not responding to NC

Angry Axis controller not responding to NC

Need help. I'm getting an alarm of axis controller not responding to nc . I swapped out my 1010 cards and it stayed the same then swapped the Amps, same problem.The alarm on the DI/DE reads all three axis's but I can run x and z without an issue. Y axis servos out, then when I go to jog out in Y it wont but in x it "pops" kinda like a jammed motor?? Can I swap out the x and y motors and see if it transfers to the x axis or not? Oh ya Im working with a 89 2040. Thanks for any info you folks can give me

Re: Axis controller not responding to NC

Yes the X and Y DC servo motors are the same. Did you actually Pull the card and re-seat them into the motherboard.

The pop u hear is probably the execution of the pulses that you tried jogging the Y unsuccessfully and when you switch to the X it jumps. Are you getting any other Error codes numbers?

You can also when the machine is off pull the connections going to the Y-axis card and plug them into the X and vise versa Your X will become Y and your Y will become X

Yes I did, and cleaned all the contacts with a eraser, that and pulled and swapped the Amps. Thanks for letting me know on the motors am going to try that this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

No other error codes at all

Just talked to my brother which worked on the Fadal control at Fadal and he said it is not the Amps or the motors. it is strictly a software and or electronics issue between the control and the card. Do you have another fadal that you could swap the 1030 card with? or the 1400 card?

He said to try this zero out your Backlash First type BL to get the back lash write it down. And then do the BL,1,0,0,0 and then BL,2,0,0,0 and then BL,3,0

How long has it been doing this?

It could also be the socket on the MotherBoard