Hi,

The seller i used was: https://m.aliexpress.com/store/store...amp.store-card

Communication was really good and the item was shipped pretty fast. I also got a really good deal, basically getting the 12000rpm version for the price of the 8000rpm version. However i would ask them to ensure its packaged well as mine was loosely placed in a cardboard box, i was pretty suprised it was undamaged when i unpacked it.

I haven't actually tried the spindle yet, build quality is very good but can't comment on accuracy just yet.

Progress has been pretty slow on the build however i have started machining the spindle bracket. I had to machine up some softjaws on the cnc to mount the bracket to my lathe. Was quite surprised with the tolerances considering i was using the 2.2kw Chinese spindle when machining.

I also filled the area that experienced some shrinkage during casting. Just a mixture of epoxy and fine cast iron shavings

Once i started machining the bracket i quickly realised i wasn't happy with the lathes accuracy, so i got the lathe bed re-ground (which cost alot less than i expected). Hoping to have the lathe resetup and resume machining the bracket soon.

Hoping everyone is keeping safe during these times!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk