Before I begin I just want to say I understand some parts of this post may seem like 'flogging a dead horse' on the surface. But I feel I have done my due diligence and researched before posting. Having done that I found most of the information to be at least a few years old & therefore a bit dated. Times change, products advance and opinions may have been swayed since then.

Start with what I have, I have a Dyna EM3116 in good & function-able condition. A few years ago I set about to 'modernize' my machine, in doing so I have acquired the following:

Dell 24" touchscreen (building into a control panel to replace standard unit)
DMM DYN4 servo drivers (x3)
DMM .750kw servos (x3)
DMM breakout board
ESS board (this is expendable)
all electrical components to populate cabinet (contactors, fuses, power supplies etc.)
VFD to manage spindle motor

What I wish to achieve:
I wish to build this up to a 5 axis reliable machine that feels modern to use. The umbrella that shadows me in many ways is I only have access to 240v single phase.

What I would like from you guys is a bit of help in deciding on an appropriate controller. I do not want to go for a Chinese solution & I would like to stay away from Mach3/4. Through research and process of elimination I have narrowed it down to a few choices (unless you can add something else).

Masso: I really like the simplicity this unit brings to the system, especially not needing a PC and being a true standalone. It seems fairly flexible and adaptable, clean & functional GUI. Downside, there have been some unfavorable reviews thus far (old posts). When researching it almost feels like it is still in an infant state. Not sure if this is because people have moved away from this unit or its community is just not active enough. Also they don't seem to support widescreen & I would have to put up with those annoying black borders either side. A constant reminder I made a wrong choice somewhere along the line (me being precious)

Kflop: Another solid choice, and if I am not mistaken will also function in a standalone format (no PC). Another good point to the Kflop is Tom seems to be always present. To be totally honest, Tom scares me! He strikes me as a SUPER intelligent person and his answers reflect that. Previous conversations with Tom have left me running back down the Google rabbit hole to decipher what he just said. Downside, at least to me. The system seems to be more for the technically minded, next level if you will. I am concerned I would get lost in this and never actually get going. Not saying I'm stupid, because I'm not. But I am aware there are levels above me and above my scope of abilities.

Linuxcnc & mesa card: I like that there is expansion possibilities here, weather I will use them or not. Linuxcnc from what I have found out seems to be a favorable choice for many. I really like the PathPilot interface as well as one that was submitted as a proposal for widescreen touch (link below if interested). I like the fact it is adaptable and with the Linuxcnc community by your side the sky is the limit! Downsides: it comes across as fiddly, in need of a tinkerer by its side. It appears to need a reasonable amount of Linux language & programming knowledge.

Galil I know little to nothing about, though I do see them mentioned a lot & with high regard. Before anyone mentions Acorn, I have looked into them but they are limited by their 4 Axis offerings.

I would really appreciate any help I can get and thank you in advance. Also feel free to correct me if anything I have said is not accurate, just do respectfully please