585,712 active members*
4,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Used 4x8 CNC Mogul $400 should i buy or should i run?

Used 4x8 CNC Mogul $400 should i buy or should i run?

hi
    im looking for some advice..my neighbor wants to sell me a 4x8 cnc mogul ..no router no table
    in working condition

$400

is that a good price to possibly flip and make a few dollars?

there isnt much to the cnc..seems pretty flimsy and uses low end electronics but im looking to maybe buy it and resell it..can i make money off of it or is 400 too high? and also how does one know if the cnc mogul is the better 6.0 dsign..it appears that there was an upgrade during its life

is there something visually i can tell between the better version and the junkier version? is it color? orange vs black?

Re: Used 4x8 CNC Mogul $400 should i buy or should i run?

fyi the one im looking at for $400 is orange colored

If you are just buying it to try and make money on it, I'd pass.

It all depends on how easy you can find someone that would want it.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

thanks\
    im looking for sonmeone who is specifically familair with the cnc mogul brand and its value...where i live small hobby cnc machines are very popular and sell fast...ive seen flimsy cheap xcarves 1000mm version sell for over $1000 used..so i figure a 4x8 configuration i could sell for at least 750

What an impossible question for anyone to answer without seeing it, the thing could be worn out and not even worth $400. Having a quick look on google at a mogul I wouldn't pay $750 for a used one.
    I'll get it finished sometime after I start it.....

Hi.i agree but the avg consumer im sure eould pay 750 or more...i bought it yesterday the seller even dropped it off at my house for no extra fee and also tossed in a used craftsman 1.75 hp router for free...and the cnc is in used ok condition...but very unimpressed with the design build...i dont think i did too bad though as bad as it is.

Its a joke...it reminds me of a backyard attempt at making an ultra light duty cnc router for machining balsa wood or foam only. Lol.. .looks like crap and is flimsy as heck..and cheaply and improperly designed. .apparently its v1..i only paid 400$...im sure i can get that back by reselling it or mske a few $ making things for people then sell it...or i can try to redesign it economicslly if possible...the major issue is the crappy x axis..maybe ill figure a way to the make the x axis to more rigid..i can also make a proper router bracket and add a desperately needed and required fan to the controller ..controllers need to have air flow to cool the components especially stepper drivers..and should not be a sealed enclosure without a fan..like mogul is...also the stepper motors are cheap imports and the underpowered power supply and stepper drivers are cheap made low end. The complete electronics setup inc steper motors in the mogul is only about a $100.kit brand new...simply..junk....and the power supply and controller should not be mounted to a vibrating moving component. .the setup would be more appropriate as a cnc laser or cnc plasma since they dont require rigidity..and not a cnc router..

Note..i no longer need advice..i have the machine in hand and i can see for myself how poorly its made and designed

for informational purpose only here are some factual info about the V1 crappy designed mogul cnc 4x8...no wonder the company went out of business just after a few years....anybody want to comment to any of my items on this list i would gladly listen

! plastic rack gears...yes plastic!!!..super glued in place..yes super glued lol..not removable or replaceable...
    2 . no adjustment v wheels
    3 crappy cheap underpowered chinese made electrocnis
    4 y axis supports/mount brackets are junk..they used aluminum and tried bending to create 90deg brackets..none are 90deg and all are not same height and they are all cracked at the bend...you cant made precision angle plates by bending.
    5 runs like garbage...not smooth at all...herky jerky due to rack pinion design and plastic gears
    6 design didnt use typical cable track management..they used some lame heavy grey colored conduit that flops all over the place when running cnc...very bad design
    7 x axis is too flimsy..single wide makerslide..has way too much flex
    8. electronics has no fans and has no air flow..its in a fully enclosed case with no holes for ventilation.
    9. nothing to keep the y rails parallel / square to each other..they are individually mounted and not tied together in any way..this is poor design
    10 and more