585,951 active members*
4,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC doesn't provide the requested measurements

CNC doesn't provide the requested measurements

Hey folks, can anyone help me out?

I'm almost done assembling a CNC machine, but I've run into a single issue: the machining is offset by approximately +-0.5 mm.

When I mill a pocket, it leaves it 0.5 mm higher, and when I profile, it's 0.5 mm lower. Sometimes it gives me more or less measurement, but generally it's around +- 0.5 mm. Occasionally, it gives me the exact measuremen

I've meticulously calibrated the motors (using Mach3) and even manually input exact coordinates, as I'm using 1204 ball screws.

I'm starting to feel desperate here. I'm programming with Vectric Aspire, and it's strange because I don't have any issues with another machine using the same software. It feels like there's something I'm configuring incorrectly.

Any ideas, guys? Could it be that the board is defective? I´m using the red bitsensor board

Re: CNC doesn't provide the requested measurements

If the numbers in the code are correct then you need to take a look at the physical aspects of the machine.It might be a coupling slipping slightly or a motor mount flexing.In the worst case it might even be the structure of the machine flexing if it is one of those made of extrusions held together by brackets,but we can't see enough information to give more precise pointers.