585,722 active members*
4,433 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Designing a new router called Brevis-HD
Page 49 of 49 39474849

Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Evening All - I have started a new thread for Lanky. Enjoy. Peter

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/austr...-8x4-long.html

Good Afternoon all you lot - For a long time I have been looking for a one control box solution for my routers. I have tried two different Chinese controllers with mixed success and I wanted to try the Californian Buildbotics device but they were out of stock when I wanted one. I came across the Nighthawk made by an Australian company that seems to tick all the boxes. The company CNC3D is relentlessly developing the machine controller software and hardware and has taken some of my requests on board such as input shaping. So I'm happy to give them a try. So I have rewired my small router/laser with the device. A couple of days ago it ran a program for the first time and I'm pleased with the support and ease it has gone together so far. The Commander software can talk to the Nighthawk via WIFI, SD card or USB cable plus it will run from my phone when I get a bit more confident with it. The other aspect of the controller is that its a full 6 axis jobber. So I'm designing a 5 axis router as well. Plus Lanky the 8x4 router will use the Nighthawk. Its really pleasant not having to deal with all those components and wires for a week plus!! Peter

Hello All - Yesterdays job for Scoot was to make some spoons for a client of the Mens Shed. Tried 4 different designs then made the sawdust for one of them. Peter

Hi All - Todays job for Scoot was to groove some incense holders. I used the trace function in Fusion. First time I've use trace... Worked fine... Then I'm back to detailing parts for Lanky. Peter

https://www.facebook.com/ScootCNC/vi...87541729217529

Evening All - Todays job on Scoot was to make some more incense holders for the men's shed stall. Worked out well. I added an Aum to some of the pieces. No hiccups which was very good. The last lot sold out fast so this lot may do the same. This thread is called Brevis and I have been playing around with my real Brevis at the Mens Shed on and off for a couple of months. I have installed Nighthawk and Commander and have had a couple of issues with the wiring and motors. But today they have all been resolved and the Knighthawk (KH) connected perfectly and stayed connected via wifi all morning. Excellent. Now I can start making proper sawdust so I can see how the motion side of KH goes. Plus reconnect my laser to it... so many things to sort.. But a real treat today was using my phone as a pendent. Plugged in the url of the KH and the phone became a pendant fantastic... I have also decided to get familiar with the big laser at the mens shed so started running through its software and stuff. It uses lightburn for its controller, chinese 80W CO2 laser... Cuts timber quite well... Peter

Morning - Today I made Lankys wall bottom plates on Scoot. The plate is longer then Scoots bed but Scoot =has a shelf that allows long thin bits to be machined. I had to do this in two setups but that's easy. I went out this morning and bought the new screws for Lankys No2 base.. So had better get into it. Peter

https://www.facebook.com/ScootCNC/vi...69738991562197 I haven't used the bore function in F360 before, Went well but I picked a ramp of 4degs that is a bit shallow. Next time maybe 8degs will be better.

Evening all - Fail of the day - Its the first time I've use a 42" cutter on MDF. Must have been the perfect chip load as the chips and dust flew all over the garage in about 0.5sec. So I forgot to turn off the blades on our ride on when coming into park. I have (or had) an MDF board down to catch drips etc but its now sort of shot.... I also think the blades need sharpening... I'll be sweeping out chips for months I think Peter

Hi all - I'm looking for a replacement CO2 laser tube 60 or 70W. Can anyone point me at a an Australian supplier or a good Asian one? Vevor do not stock replacement tubes..... Peter

Hi All - Today I completed the boards for my sister in laws house warming. The large board is oiled, the small one is shellaced to fill then a varnish over that. I think the "varnish" is PVA . Now I can get back to Lankys walls and its paint issues. Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails feet 1.jpg   finished 1.jpg   dowelling.jpg  

Page 49 of 49 39474849