585,954 active members*
4,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Designing a new router called Brevis-HD
Page 48 of 49 3846474849

Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Are you talking about the CB1 or CM4 module instead of a Pi? Found your discussion on v1e. Fun read. No worries about the firmware. Easy as editing a text file, compling, copying the config to a micro sd card, and booting the board with said sd card plugged in. As mentioned in v1e Marlin requires Visual Studio which is free. Klipper has a few different steps. Best just watch Nero do it. Clears up everything.

Hi Jack - I don't think the SKR or the Octopus use a PI/CB1/CM4? They are complete within themselves unless you want to extend them ie have a microcomputer look after something else? I've tracked down Nero and looked at a couple of vids. Got to concentrate on Frankie and commercial stuff for a couple of weeks unless a minion turns up... One question once you set up and config the motherboard using Klipper/marlin you don't need to use Klipper again unless you want to change the config?

My toolchain is CAD(f360 - CAM(F360) - Slicer (F360/Cura) - Mainboard (BTT octopus) - Is Klipper like say UCCNC as a controller? Can't be as its not connected to the MB... also I want to use a laptop to connect to the MB seems possible,... still learning Peter

Re Frankie build to get on subject but any BTT and Klipper info is appreciated. When I ordered the aluminium motor mounts the dwgs were dodgy so I did not commit to the ballscrews until they arrived. I then opened a pack and modelled the mounts and then detailed the ballscrews and ordered them. All good until I try to install the ballscrews and the other two motor mounts have different spacers to the one I opened. Now the ballscrew nuts don't tighten on two screws!! bummer. So I talk to BST and turns out the different spacers are the correct ones so the box I opened was incorrect... my bad luck. But BST is sending new spacers FOC thanks Fred at BST...

Yes the SKR and Octopus are complete control boards. Sorry if I was mileading. It's normal for Marlin to be a stand alone appliance controlled by a lcd screen with a rotary knob and a micro SD card port. Klipper offloads most processing to another computer, normally a Pi running Mainsail, Fluid, or Octoprint and you access the software via a web console. There is a windows app for PC called Klipperiod but I haven't had any experience with it.

Quality control with BST. Interesting. I just recieved a 1360mm 1616 ballscrew from bst. The end was just a bit oversized and I could not with any reasonable force get the support bearing on. Easy enough to resolve but should have been QC checked and rejected before being shipped. Hard to complain given the price point.

Hi Jack - The ballscrew ends I have spoken to BST about before. Seems one in 4 ends is a smidge too big. Easy to put in lathe and wipe but would be good to have them right. Especially if ordered on behave of client and sent somewhere. But the price is right as they say. Peter

Hi All - The new spacers have arrived so I can get back to the ballscrew assembly. These comments should have been in the Frankenrouter thread.. onward and upward. Peter

Hi All - I am rebuilding a little cnc that uses 10mm belts. I don't like U drives as they bend the belt in two directions so I prefer a motor with a return pulley end. I have been think of putting a motor on each end. But one side of my brain says that won't be good as the motors would have to be in perfect sync to provide more torque. Otherwise the torque/tension from one motor will "stop" at the other motor. Has anyone done this and found it to provide more torque? The aim is to make the belt stiffer by halving its length more then the gin in torque. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Evening all - I downloaded the relevant stuff from the linked site. Seems to match my inverter. Will digest and start wiring. So maybe its a Hengling... Peter
    Hello, can you please share the settings that you used to JR100

Thank you

Hi Cronic - I use the as delivered factory settings. But here is the manual. Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Cronic - I use the as delivered factory settings. But here is the manual. Peter
    There's the manual that nobody can find >_< thank you so much peter

Hi Cronic - Ask nicely and most things are available. And the English is not too bad. Peter

Hi All - Not much news about Scoot except I'm starting to get dust control under control & an air/mister blast nozzle. On another project I have had to size some ballscrews for a 600Tonne press, works out they will be 80mm dia or 120mm dia depending on a couple of things. They will replace a hydraulic ram. They will be 1m long, 4 needed for the machine and I expect they will cost quite a lot!! Peter

Hi Jack - I have just ordered more ballscrews from BST. I spoke to them about the bearing land size and they have agreed to machine them to a g6 fit vs their std fit. This is a smidge under their std so should be a light slide fit. They arrive in 2 weeks so will know more then. So if ordering screws spec the g6 and they should be fine. Peter

Hi OCD - So if your only doing panel work your accuracy requirement is not high. Print NC bolts square rail to standard cold formed RHS. This is potentially a pain point. There are many threads here where Makers do this and the cars immediately jam. So pick your RHS carefully. Plus the Print NC mounts the rails on opposing sides so you cannot level them in that direction. Even the paint thickness can be an issue. I'd look at heavy aluminium extrusions vs the steel, I'd expect them to be straighter then the steel sections. Make your Z as low as possible if you only doing sheet metal work. Once Z gets up you start to need lots of rigidity....Keep chasing the Grail like we all do

By the way rigidity/stiffness is not related to mass. My current best choice material is beryllium, less dense then aluminium at 1850kg/m3 but stiffer then steel at 287GPa.... Used lots on spacecraft...If your only doing light panel work consider a vertical or near vertical bed machine, saves a huge amount of floor space. Peter
    Hi Jack - I have just ordered more ballscrews from BST. I spoke to them about the bearing land size and they have agreed to machine them to a g6 fit vs their std fit. This is a smidge under their std so should be a light slide fit. They arrive in 2 weeks so will know more then. So if ordering screws spec the g6 and they should be fine. Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by jckstrthmghty View Post
    Yes the SKR and Octopus are complete control boards. Sorry if I was mileading. It's normal for Marlin to be a stand alone appliance controlled by a lcd screen with a rotary knob and a micro SD card port. Klipper offloads most processing to another computer, normally a Pi running Mainsail, Fluid, or Octoprint and you access the software via a web console. There is a windows app for PC called Klipperiod but I haven't had any experience with it.

Quality control with BST. Interesting. I just recieved a 1360mm 1616 ballscrew from bst. The end was just a bit oversized and I could not with any reasonable force get the support bearing on. Easy enough to resolve but should have been QC checked and rejected before being shipped. Hard to complain given the price point.
    Hello everyone.
    In 2022 I will produce a similar product for a customer, supposedly processing drone housings, and I will upload my work to the website. Happy to share with everyone.
    If you need mineral castings.You can contact me, my email:[email protected]
    I'm from China,My company has produced a lot of products, small can reach 100KG, large can do 46 tons.
    My English is very average and I don't know how to upload photos. Very reason to share my product with you.
    https://grabcad.com/library/cnc-lath...ral-castings-1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-MaW View Post
    Hello everyone.
    In 2022 I will produce a similar product for a customer, supposedly processing drone housings, and I will upload my work to the website. Happy to share with everyone.
    If you need mineral castings.You can contact me, my email:[email protected]
    I'm from China,My company has produced a lot of products, small can reach 100KG, large can do 46 tons.
    My English is very average and I don't know how to upload photos. Very reason to share my product with you.
    https://grabcad.com/library/cnc-lath...ral-castings-1
    https://grabcad.com/library/drone-cnc-diy-1

Hi All - ballscrews and bearings from BST have arrived and the g6 tolerance is good. A light slid fit on all lands. Very happy. I bought some DLC coated bits today to do some more aluminium work. Will see how they go. Peter

Hi All - Scoots job today was to make a new bit holder. My rough one is full and its time to update it... Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Holder.jpg   Junky Holder.jpg  

I haven't updated for a long time, and I made two styles of similar machines,
    one is the link I sent (This displacement is only 1000mm, and the door width is only 550mm.The weight is only 600 kg),
    and the other is the picture I sent(This one is very large, with a door width of 3000mm.The weight is 29 tons).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Oversized products.jpg  

Hi All - Scoots job today was to make a new foot plate for my circular saw. A couple of weeks ago I tripped on the cable and the saw hit the concrete pretty hard bending the magnesium alloy foot plate. I suppose its a saw foot... I pondered panel beating it but decided a thicker foot would be better, Occasionally the thin foot slips under my fence when I'm cutting up plywood. So measured up the metal foot and made a ply foot. Worked a treat.... Officially this Scoot is Scoot No5. Its probably time to make a new one that includes all the updates which would make it Scoot No7. These include a higher Z axis, a metal machine base vs the MDF one and a better spindle that Scoot No6 had... I'm about to build a big machine for full sheets I suppose then it will be time to retire the workshop Scoot. Then Scoot will be at full development, I don't see anywhere to go with Scoot after that... Maybe an ATC.... Hmmmm. Peter

Evening All & Sundry - Scoots been busy making Double Bassoon pipes and parts for the new routers bench. The pipes are interesting because they are long thin and tapered which means what toolpath strategy do I use? Parallel gets weird at the steep edges and 90-deg to the length would double the path time. A few simulations and parallel it was using a fine stepover. The bench is for Lanky, a full sheet router in development. Will have helical rack and pinion drives with laminated aluminum/plywood parts. I hope the saddle will be cast Sika3350 grout. Its footprint will be 3mx1500mm about. The gantry is going to go longwise so its 2.8m long... This will allow easy front loading of full 8x4ft sheets.. I'll set up a thread as I get into it... Peter

Hi All - Todays work was more on the Bench No2 for Lanky. Lanky is to supercede Scoot. I completed the bottom frame, now onto the top frame. I did this with too many 45deg angles. Too hard to build! But come together well. Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bottom 1.jpg   bracket.jpg  

Page 48 of 49 3846474849