547,032 active members*
2,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Designing a new router called Brevis-HD
Page 26 of 26 16242526

Re: Designing a new router called Brevis-HD

Hi Jayne - The machine has run for several hours successfully in its current form. The electronics have also run for years on another machine with the same loom. I expect the BOB has failed somehow. I have ordered a new one. I shall do a bit more digging then wait until the BOBs here. Peter

Hi All - I picked up Brevis' resprayed parts today and the painter has done a top job. Makes me feel like revisiting it in production.... I'll recover Brevis from the Mens Shed and rebuild here. They have introduced a 2 jab policy to be on site and I don't get my second for 6 weeks.. Waiting for the new BOB for YaG patiently... Peter

Evening all - been a long day. I got up early today so I could finish early and get into YaG. I dislike Gremlins and I was convinced the BOB was the culprit, But I had an old laptop and a new UC100 put aside for Brevis#1 which I thought I could get running and use on YaG as an independent test to eliminate UCCNC and the UC100 from the mix. So I uploaded uccnc, failed, as it was Win7 so had to update the USB drives and the .NET software but that went smoothly. So now I had a functioning UCCNC/UC100 and connected that to YaG. Same behavior so that's "good" but not a solution. I've been running YaG with a false gantry so when the cars go different ways I don't break it! So I'm convinced its the BOB so have a good poke at it and the wires and one of the 5V outputs to a drive falls out. So check that out, replace and screw hard. Now it seems to run properly. So I set up a program and let it run and run. I jog this way and that and all seems good. But how far do you go until you trust this sucker!! So tomorrow I'm going to dial the current back on all the drives and do some more false gantry runs then reconnect the gantry... So it seems it was the BOB but its the wiring not the unit. That's fine the new BOB can go with Frankenrouter... hopefully all goes smooth tomorrow... Peter

Hi Peter,

Glad you found where the gremlin was hiding. Hope everything behaves well from now on so you can make lots of dust.
    Jayne

Not quite - The Y/A axis has been very good today but occasionally the X axis is odd. The g code says go left but it goes right on the first instruction which offsets the entire programme. So more trialing tomorrow and digging around. I'll put the other computer and UC100 onto the same programme and see what it does... I wasn't confident in the split connector block so changed that for a conventional one... Still random so very unexplainable...Peter

Page 26 of 26 16242526