584,817 active members*
5,140 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > 3030 trumpf 6 KW CO2 laser troubles cutting 25 mm mild steel

3030 trumpf 6 KW CO2 laser troubles cutting 25 mm mild steel

Hello,

We are having troubles cutting 25 mm thick mild steel on 6KW Trumpf CO2 laser cutting machine...maybe someone have some experience with laser cutting of such thick plates and can give some parameters, or programm recommendations (piercing type…)..or can tell which material standard (mild steel plates) you use and where to purchase it ? ...we are cutting thick material with coolline...

Quote Originally Posted by dxdy View Post
    Hello,

We are having troubles cutting 25 mm thick mild steel on 6KW Trumpf CO2 laser cutting machine...maybe someone have some experience with laser cutting of such thick plates and can give some parameters, or programm recommendations (piercing type…)..or can tell which material standard (mild steel plates) you use and where to purchase it ? ...we are cutting thick material with coolline...
    I'm having problems cutting a36 3/8 can you give settings I should put in to get clean cut

Re: 3030 trumpf 6 KW CO2 laser troubles cutting 25 mm mild steel

Hi dxdy,

We do not cut that thick of material, but a description of what problems you are experiencing will be needed. Trumpf is actually very close to your location and their tech support will have the best answers. The machine should have parameters to cut 1" steel built-in from the factory. Some information that will help to know: what is the cutting gas and pressure, focal length of the cutting head/lens, the nozzle size/type, etc. Has the maintenance on the laser been kept up? Have you done a paper shot to see what the beam is looking like?

Re: 3030 trumpf 6 KW CO2 laser troubles cutting 25 mm mild steel

MY L49 6K 3030 has the same problem. The only way I can cut 3/8 plate well is to step up from a tip size 1.2 to a 1.4 tip and slow the speed to 90% I also lowered the focus a small amount to make it cut cleaner. I have a similar problem cutting 1/2". I have figured out if I program my .5" parts using the .055 tech table and reduce the speed to 90% then it cuts pretty well. Its strange. It cuts 5/8 up to 1" with little to no burr. But it does not like 3/8 and 1/2" My old 2030 CO2 cut 1/2 and 3/8 like butter.