584,841 active members*
4,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EnRoute > 'Clean Pass' not cutting small parts first

'Clean Pass' not cutting small parts first

Hi Legends,

Anyone help me out on this one? So I have small parts strategy ticked and the 'rough pass' does cut the smaller parts first. However, when the 'clean pass' cuts the larger parts first and then the smaller parts which is the wrong way around.
    How can I get the 'clean pass' to cut the smaller parts first?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Re: 'Clean Pass' not cutting small parts first

Unfortunately path ordering has always been a week point for me using Enroute.

If the file isn't too large or complex you can specify the path orders manually from the simulate 2d menu.

But a better way (and one that I've used when nothing else seemed to get it right) was to break the file apart and grouping paths you want done 1st,2nd,3rd and placing them on separate layers and moving "layer" to the top of the priority order list in the output window.

Re: 'Clean Pass' not cutting small parts first

If you are using a different tool you can separate that pass as a different strategy and then order the strategies the way you want. That is the only way that I have found that I can make Enroute do things the way I want. But I do not try to optimize too much. Enroute has very much a mind of it's own in some of the ways it acts.

With what I am cutting I don't generally need to get the small parts done first. I Usually use a different strategy with the small parts that has less cutting forces as these small parts tend to come off the vacuum table more easily. So since it is a different strategy I can set the order manually in the 2d verification dialogue box.