584,866 active members*
5,249 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Mini Lathe > Boxford Duet Milling chuck adapter

Boxford Duet Milling chuck adapter

Hi
    I have a Boxford Duet Mill/Lathe which I run in mill mode but need a more accurate milling holder than the one provided, I have a milling chuck with an MT2 taper but the Duets spindle is bored 20mm parallel does anyone have any suggestions? Accuracy is the most important criteria, I will be using Lotchware carbide router/engravers with 3 mm shaft and 0.2mm to 0.1mm cutting width so I need minimal run out. Any ideas welcome.

I dont' have any ideas to help your problem, but, maybe you will be able to help me. I have two of those I bought at auction and Boxford has no interest in helping me with them. Any chance I could get a copy of the software for it? I have the manuals but the important part is missing... the software.

Hi you can get the software from Boxford in the downloads section unfortunatly it is protected by a key disk system this disk cannot be copied as the Boxford program specifically programes the disk drive and reads normally unreachable parts of the disk . if you do a search on this forum for boxford you will see a discussion I started earlier, I suggest you us MACH 3 this will enable you to control the steppers, the spindle control is serial and will take some time to impliment but I believe the VB embedded in MACH 3 is capable of this. I would be very interested in the progress of this as the Boxford software is quite poor in some respects.

Boring/drilling attachment

Hi,

Does anyone have a picture of the quickchange milling/boring adaptor for the Boxford Duet?

Thanks,
    Helder

Hi
    I have recently obtained one of these machines, and the milling table, vice, camlock key and milling holders are missing, so I have a similar problem.
    My solution is to make an adaptor that will fasten to the nose of the machine. If you take the three jaw chuck off (undoing the three allen screws) you will expose the nose, on my machine there are 6 tapped holes creating a three screw pcd (which the chuck fastens to) and a 4 screw pcd. You can now make an adapter of your choice to fit utilising the holes to fasten it back, in my case I am looking at making a collet adapter and a morse taper adapter, an MT2 taper should be able to fit inside the 20mm hole allowing more travel in Z axis.
    By the way does anyone know where I can get the other parts excluding boxford who want a lot for each item.

Thanks albyt1, That is exactly what I have done, I now have an MT2 taper socket within the 20mm lathe nose. unfortunatly I don't have any spares for the Boxford. All the best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Collet Chuck and Adapter.jpg  

Lightbulb BobCadCam post-processors for Boxford machines

Bobcadcam post-processor for Boxford (Duet, 160VMC, 125TCL)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone seen a post-processor made for BobCadCam (3-D) to talk with Boxford equipment? The Boxford software we have is 2-D.

I will try to manually cycle through all of the G-codes and M-codes for a particular machine. Then send this to BobCadCam for them to create the post-processor files for each machine.

Bobcad will create the post-processor file for free for each machine. But they will put the post-processor on their website for everyone to use; so I don't want to make any errors that will cause other people problems.

Does anyone have a reduced listing of G-codes and M-codes related to the individual Boxford Machines? Obviously, you wouldn't want lathe codes for a mill, and mill codes for a lathe.

I have working systems (lathe, mill, Duet) to include the computer, software, and cabling. The Boxford software works fine, to include importing dxf files and processing them.

But I want to use Bobcad/cam software for generating the g-codes/m-codes automatically.

Anyone with any information?

Question Extending the way travel in Boxford software/hardware

We have an absolute way travel of 9 inches by 9 inches using the 190VMC.

However, the software artificially limits the way travel to 100 x 125 mm (a little less than 4" x 5"). The documentation does not address reseting the maximum limits of travel to reflect the absolute limits of travel provided by the ways of the machine (9" x 9").

Is this possible?? To extend the sofware way limits to the mechanical limits of the machine.

I would like to produce projects larger than about 4" x 5" (current limits) and the current setup makes it difficult (having to move and re-register in increments).

Two-Year College Programs
    Student Machine Shop
    Machinist Program NOT Taught
    CNC is only introduced to provide students with a basic level of understanding as to how computers control machinery

Students use the CNC machinery (Boxford Mill and Lathe, & Lasercutter) using AutoCad to produce robot parts for their NASA supported projects

Intent to maintain students interests while taking Engineering courses.

So I only step in once a year for a few weeks to help solve a diversity of problems; not usually related to CNC equipment.

Re: Boxford Duet Milling chuck adapter

Hey, do you happen to still have the original chuck for the boxford? Mine is missing the jaws, so I'm looking to get another chuck. (also looking for a milling table)

Re: Boxford Duet Milling chuck adapter

Quote Originally Posted by adcurtin View Post
    Hey, do you happen to still have the original chuck for the boxford? Mine is missing the jaws, so I'm looking to get another chuck. (also looking for a milling table)
    Hi I do not have any spares, but I was also missing the milling table, I contacted Boxford and was able to purchase one, the email address is [email protected] the guy I dealt with was Gary Butterfield. Hope this helps.

Unhappy Re: Boxford Duet Milling chuck adapter

Hi sorry but all my parts are in use, as an aside I installed a T-slot table in the milling attachment. As far as I can recall it is an (Emco Unimat 3 LATHE MILLING TABLE) and it is mounted on 6 nuts to gain the height but fits perfectly I added two new holes at the far end and bolted it in. However please double check the size as the the tables are expensive now. There is one on Ebay.