585,556 active members*
3,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 10T feed problem

I have an old Beaver turning centre running a Fanuc 10T controller. I recently had a problem with the spindle encoder slipping and was forced to remove the encoder to retrieve the grub screws that had fallen out of the encoder shaft. I re-secured the shaft and replaced the encoder.
    Before I removed the encoder all worked well but after removing it the feed in memory (programme) mode does not work. I can enter a G01Z-2F0.01 line in MDI mode (in feed per revolution mode) and it works fine but if I use the same line in a program the machine stalls on that line and the feed will not work. The same is the case in feed per minute mode and also using G33 threading rather than G01.

I read somewhere that disconnecting the encoder can mess up the parameters but the power was off when I disconnected etc so thought I would be safe. Also that the encoder / spindle have to be sync'ed but no idea how to do that.

Does anyone know of the parameters which may be stopping the feed in programme mode or can anyone give me a clue as to what I need to do to restore everything to working order?

I am relatively new to this but have managed to get the lathe from a non-working to working state but this one has stumped me.I have a few manuals but the Beaver manual has nothing about this and the others seem pretty sketchy.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Jeff

Re: Fanuc 10T feed problem

Hi Jeff
    Have you checked the cable I thought synchronisation was done in parameters

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Hi Jeff
    Have you checked the cable I thought synchronisation was done in parameters
    Hi MB - sorry for the delayed reply - I was called away for a couple of weeks.

I have checked the cable and connector and all seems to be ok. I was under the impression the parameters defined synchronisation as well and that there was some sort of reset when I disconnected the encode. The mains power was off but the battery backup would still have been connected. Any idea what parameters would affect the feed in programmed mode?

cheers

Jeff