584,858 active members*
4,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach Mill > toolpath tab program limits box that says absolute coordinates is showing work coords

toolpath tab program limits box that says absolute coordinates is showing work coords

As I experiment more with programs with tool changes I was looking at the program limits box on the toolpath tab to be able to figure out if the gcode I have loaded will be able to run without running out of my limited z range which works out to about 4" (Boss 5 Bridgeport). This is making me use tools with as close to the same offset as possible to allow as large as possible a z range for each tool. This data would presumably make it easy to adjust the knee of the machine to center the top of the stock within the operating range of my z axis while considering the tool lengths for the tools used in the program (I think) It says absolute coordinates in the box but is showing work coordinates. Is this a bug or a feature or am I doing something wrong?
    See my stuff for sale at http://stores.ebay.com/Industrial-Tool-and-Machine-Works?refid=store

Re: toolpath tab program limits box that says absolute coordinates is showing work co

Yes, the Program Limits in the Toolpath tab are indeed work coordinates. Must be a bug.

If you set and enable software limits, Mach3 will warn you if the program you have loaded is going to exceed the travel range. It's a very useful feature when your workpiece barely fits on the table.