585,683 active members*
5,220 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > mp8 probe functions reversed after a new install

mp8 probe functions reversed after a new install

hi all ,I have a Fadal 4020 I installed A tool setter probe ts27, and a setup probe mp8 with a mI12 Interface.. I have a Mi8-4 For the ts 27.
    Problem is when I try to use the setup mp8 it says that the probe is touching when it is not. movement is inhibited like it should be but, the probe is not touching anything! When I move the probe stylus with my hands to simulate a touch the screen says probe not touching and you can jog the machine. If you let the probe stylus go the machine will inhibit movement.
    I have disconnected the tool setter and hooked the mi12 outputs right to the probe input on the J12 connector and same results. The ts27 works as it should. Anybody with ideas? I'm stumped and dumb. Thank you

Re: mp8 probe functions reversed after a new install

I think that matches the setup on our 3016 that I rewired a while back, will check on Monday, if so are you using the M64 M66 / M65 M67 codes to switch between toolsetter and touch probe?