584,862 active members*
5,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk2 When Power on there is no response on the control

Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk2 When Power on there is no response on the control

Dear all good day.

I have recently purchased a milling machines for my personal use from an Auction in UK and have them delivered to my house in Cyprus. The milling machines have been stored for about 6 months without any power. its a Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk2

Last Friday they have finally install the Electrical board in my garage (3 phase 415 Volts) and I have powered it up. unfortunately there is no reaction from the machine, control is not responding, and the monitor is not turning on.

Machine was operational before shipping to Cyprus. but most probably got damaged during transportation. Control was not secured and was able to turn.
    Unfortunately no manuals or drawings have been delivered with the machine. Control is Heidenhain TNC 2500 and the drivers are DC Servomotors.

I am wondering from where to start the investigation and find what its wrong with it. Shall I check for a new control retrofit solution? Any advice is most welcome.

Pls note that I am not much into electronics.

VBR
    Nikos

Re: Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk2 When Power on there is no response on the control

Hi
    They are usually quite reliable machines, so I wouldn't worry about retrofitting at this stage. I would suspect that the phasing is out on the electrics. What you need to search for on line is the Bridgeport Interact Milling Machine Mk 2 Maintenance manual as it has information in it about checking the phasing. I only have a copy for the Mk1 machine but suspect the procedure is similar if you want a copy.
    Regards
    Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I will check what I can find in respect to manuals first then.

VBR
    Nikos

Nikos I have a copy of manual and back up parameters , provided you have 3 phase going to the machine it should power up ? Are any lights on on the board

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Nikos I have a copy of manual and back up parameters , provided you have 3 phase going to the machine it should power up ? Are any lights on on the board
    Hi mbservice.
    Thank you for willing to support.
    Yes confirming I have 3 phase power supply.. I had some LED on when I powered on the machine last time but the monitor was dead. So I have removed the monitor and am checking my options ( trying to find someone local to check if the monitor is ok)
    Once done that, i will re connect the machine and start once more. I will get back with update asap.

Thank you .

VBR
    Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by mbservice View Post
    Good day Sir.
    Unfortunately I was not able to find someone to check the monitor if it is ok. Machine was operational before shipping to Cyprus. but most probably got damaged during transportation. Control was not secured and was able to turn.
    I have some photos of the boards showing the LEDs that are on. I have attached them in a zip file.

Question is, did any one installed a normal Pc monitor on the specific control, If yes do you have diagram? or instruction what to do?

The power is connected as stated in the manual.

1st attachment

2nd attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: zip 4.zip (3.73 MB, 3 views)

3rd attachment

last one

As mentioned Monitor is not turning on. Therefore I can not tell if the Control is ok.

Perhaps one of you can tell from the LEDs that are on.

In case if anyone has replaced the monitor and knows how to do so and what is needed Pls let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NKY003 View Post
    last one

As mentioned Monitor is not turning on. Therefore I can not tell if the Control is ok.

Perhaps one of you can tell from the LEDs that are on.

In case if anyone has replaced the monitor and knows how to do so and what is needed Pls let me know.

Thank you in advance.
    ...looking at zip7 ..showing no 5v or 12volts. with LEDs. The Control will never Bootup without those voltages, Power Supply is your problem and the monitor is ok maybe.

DJ

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...looking at zip7 ..showing no 5v or 12volts. with LEDs. The Control will never Bootup without those voltages, Power Supply is your problem and the monitor is ok maybe.

DJ
    Hi DJ.

Are you talking about main power supply?

The first time I have connected the power supply I have done it wrong and the house idolater drop. That time I did not had the manual therefore I thought it was a short circuit.
    As no documents arrived with the machine I was not able to do any checks. I called the previews owner and he mention the wiring sequence. He also send me the manuals.

After I have connected the cables following the instructions in the manual. LI-L2-L3, R-Y-B, I was able to power on the machine but nothing than that.

I will follow the commissioning instructions and check the voltage.

Let me know if there is something more to check .

Good day to all.

I had an Electrician in to check the power supply.
    Main power is connected correct.

we have followed the electrical drawing and we are not able to have the 110Volts at wire 8 and 9.
    The emergency stops both are functioning OK.

Any idea what might be the problem?

regards
    Nikos

Hi DJ.

Are you talking about main power supply?

The first time I have connected the power supply I have done it wrong and the house idolater drop. That time I did not had the manual therefore I thought it was a short circuit.
    As no documents arrived with the machine I was not able to do any checks. I called the previews owner and he mention the wiring sequence. He also send me the manuals.

After I have connected the cables following the instructions in the manual. LI-L2-L3, R-Y-B, I was able to power on the machine but nothing than that.

I will follow the commissioning instructions and check the voltage.

Let me know if there is something more to check .
    ....Hi again, I was talking about the LEDs on unit in this zip7 photo
    Attachment 444920

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoomed 7.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	444922

Things you can double check...physically turn OFF then back ON all the circuit breakers. I have seen many times a Tripped breaker that looks like its ON but, has been tripped and needed to be reset.

Good luck,
    DJ

send me your address, i have a repair manual and electrical dwgs, that are of no use to me

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    send me your address, i have a repair manual and electrical dwgs, that are of no use to me
    Good day Broken.

the address will be:
    Ellis Lampetti Str #28
    Mesa Geitonia
    P.C. 4007
    Limassol
    Cyprus.

Attachment 444920

Things you can double check...physically turn OFF then back ON all the circuit breakers. I have seen many times a Tripped breaker that looks like its ON but, has been tripped and needed to be reset.

Good luck,
    DJ
    Good day DJ.

Thanks for the input
    Already done without any change.
    The problem is that I can not get the 110 V at wires 8 and 9 as per manual.

Input and outputs of the transformers are correct
    Emergency switches are not activated (tested and working fine) over travel switches are ok.

It must be something simple that are missing.

BR
    Nikos

Attachment 444920

Good luck,
    DJ
    Hi DJ.

one more question.

The specific card has power input 24Volts.

on the card there are led with (-12 volts, +12 volts and 5 Volts) these outputs should be produced from the card? or the card must receive them from other source.?

BR
    Nikos

on the card there are led with (-12 volts, +12 volts and 5 Volts) these outputs should be produced from the card?

BR
    Nikos
    ...mostly likely Yes...Stromversorgung is German for Power Supply

Attachment 445058