584,861 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > Comp and programs won't line up

Comp and programs won't line up

Hi all, I have been using my dad's HAAS lathe for 6 or so months now, and we've been having a recurring problem with turning comp on and off. We thought we had it figured out, until I tried to run a 2 operation part last night and the geometries will not line up. The first op is designated to essentially turn down the OD 0.02 or so from 2 inches to 1.98 to create a nice surface finish and make sure it will be concentric in the chuck for the second op. The second op has the part flipped around, and is meant to turn it down to half an inch for 0.625", past where the first op cut to, then come back and make a chamfer right and then finish off at the same diameter as the first op, but it's creating a large step and I can't figure out why. Greatly appreciate any help you can give me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20200128_195924.jpg   IMG_20200128_195944.jpg   IMG_20200128_200116.jpg  

Re: Comp and programs won't line up

post your program so, we can see