585,715 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DAMAGED NEMA 34 !!!

Hi,
    i don't understand people when they do stuff like this,
    should i pay shipping and send it back/ or used it and ask for some money off on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIYxmG-D6A

Re: DAMAGED NEMA 34 !!!

Yes its crappy shipping but what did you expect? It was no doubt a lot cheaper than a US equivalent product and its not unknown for Chinese packaging and shipping to be dubious at best. Agreed its unsightly but dings can be filed out - does it work correctly? If yes, i'd be asking for substantial discount and save yourself considerable shipping charges to return it and stress again finding alternative source where it could occur again! I've ordered stuff from China that has turned up wrong, bashed around or broken and usually the threat of bad feedback on Ebay usually gets a refund / discount and mostly I never get asked to return item as why would I at my cost as they will usually only agree to invoice amount refund! If you want perfect - pay through the nose at home and expect care to be taken!

I've always had good items from Wantai motor, well packed . Where did you get yours?

I bought a 4 wire 1700oz for my PM25 clone Z axis and it went in the bin! The high inductance (8mh) on it was a disaster, was slow and noisy.
    Swapped it for a 8 wire 1080oz and it doubled the speed and was silent!

Crappy packing indeed, but I didn't see anything that warrants shipping the motor back. I would just ask for a partial refund, maybe 10% or so.

I'd clean up the dings and use it.

I'd also want some sort of refund, likely a partial refund. Shipping it back seems silly, especially if it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    I've always had good items from Wantai motor, well packed . Where did you get yours?

I bought a 4 wire 1700oz for my PM25 clone Z axis and it went in the bin! The high inductance (8mh) on it was a disaster, was slow and noisy.
    Swapped it for a 8 wire 1080oz and it doubled the speed and was silent!
    I thought bigger the better?

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    I'd clean up the dings and use it.

I'd also want some sort of refund, likely a partial refund. Shipping it back seems silly, especially if it still works.
    we worked a deal out $50.00 i have not tested it yet fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by rmachinist View Post
    I thought bigger the better?
    You are not the first one to make that mistake. Bigger motors often have higher inductance and therefore require higher voltages to achieve the advertised speed and torque. If you don't have enough voltage, a bigger motor will be worse (slower and weaker).

we worked a deal out $50.00 i have not tested it yet fingers crossed!
    Pretty good deal, but I think you should have tested the motor before even talking to the seller. I was under impression that the motor worked fine, just had some cosmetic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    Pretty good deal, but I think you should have tested the motor before even talking to the seller. I was under impression that the motor worked fine, just had some cosmetic damage.
    I would of tested if I could of right away, the problem is I'm getting the power supply and breakout I hope later this week, I complain to the seller right away when I got it, and shortly gave me that offer I thought I would take chance and it, as far as spinning it feels smooth I will see soon

That makes sense. Most likely the motor is fine, I doubt this little ding did any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    You are not the first one to make that mistake. Bigger motors often have higher inductance and therefore require higher voltages to achieve the advertised speed and torque. If you don't have enough voltage, a bigger motor will be worse (slower and weaker).
    The one I had was 8mh inductance. Worked it out that I'd need at least 90v to run it properly. No thanks.

Hi,
    i don't understand people when they do stuff like this,
    should i pay shipping and send it back/ or used it and ask for some money off on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIYxmG-D6A
    I would say that it was not shipped from the seller that way, the package has been opened and the top packing not replaced most likely customs or when the package was damaged by the shipper it was opened and re-taped without the top foam packaging

The dings on the motor are easy to fix and will have no affect on the motor mounting or performance

Most people blame the seller instead of the shipper as they where who damaged the package not the seller no matter how it was packaged it is the shippers responsibility to take care of what they are shipping
    Mactec54