584,837 active members*
5,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

60w mopa and ezcad2

we just picked up a mopa 60w raycus at the weekend with ezcad2, so i made some notes.

https://charliex2.wordpress.com/2020...e-games-begin/

all i can say is, wtf F2

Re: 60w mopa and ezcad2

since ezcad drives us crazy especially for building up test patterns, i am throwing together something that lets you edit the pens in a sensible manner! you edit it in a grid like a spreadsheet and it can also import/export CSV files so you can use a spreadsheet if you like.

done with it, and i updated my blog entry above with more details on how it works internally. we have a MOPA so it shows Q, i have only tested it with the half dozen ezd files i have here and my local version and i dont know if the format changes with lots of versions.

added it to my github, which is linked. only tested with ezcad 2.14.11 so watch out for that , the format does change.

cheers ears.

added settable min/max parameters.

i think i figured out how the ezd file offsets the pens for different versions of ezcad, and i fixed the Q , updated the exe and tested it with a few versions of .ezd files.

Wow, nice work Charliex! Like almost everyone else, I find EZCad extremely frustrating and unfriendly, so I am looking forward to trying out your tools.

This is really very helpful. I edited and saved a bunch of pens in one Ezcad file. I exported the CSV, however for some reason I can't get the import from CSV to work. Is that operational?

-Jim

should be, i'm still fiddling with Q a bit , can you post the CSV you're having issues with , and the version of ezcad? use the github version, as thats the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by charliex View Post
    should be, i'm still fiddling with Q a bit , can you post the CSV you're having issues with , and the version of ezcad? use the github version, as thats the latest.
    Thanks for the quick reply! CNCZone wouldn't let me upload a .csv so I renamed the file to .txt.

I'm using EZcad 2.14.11 and I downloaded your latest version from github. After I choose the .csv file (created by your program ) and click open, absolutely nothing happens. No errors, but no changes to the pens in my current ezcad file either.

I'm not complaining, even without import, I added 32 pens to a file in 1/10th the time it would have taken me other wise, you program is wonderful!

-Jim

I also discovered today that the pulse width doesn't save when I save an ezcad file. Speed, Power, and Frequency do but pulse width always defaults to 200ns.

Would you prefer me to post here or github?
    -Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjamez View Post
    I also discovered today that the pulse width doesn't save when I save an ezcad file. Speed, Power, and Frequency do but pulse width always defaults to 200ns.

Would you prefer me to post here or github?
    -Jim
    yeah the Q is chasing me around a bit, i'm looking at the CSV import at the moment.

Here is fine for me. i appreciate you doing it, i'm just glad someone else gets to use it, they're such super specific tools

For the pulsewidth, if you could post me a sample ezd with what it should be like (manual edit, ezcad saved) and then an .ezd of same source file and how the tool modded it. thats also helpful as the format seems to change a bit depending on what laser setup you're using. unfortunately its totally undocumented so its a bit of trial and error. Also which laser setup you have in ezcad, is it a mopa etc?

Here you go. I made one original file from ezcad, and then opened the same file in the pen editor, and saved a new copy as "edited". I changed the pulse width for pens 0-3 to 20ns via pen editor.

Note that pen editor reads the pulse widths correctly from the original ezcad file.

I'm using a JPT M7 MOPA laser.

Thank you for the help, and I saved a lot of time today doing color tests with your program!

-Jim

fixed the CSV export, which files the CSV import as well, byproduct means that all csv's have to be re-exported.

You rock! Thank you. I’ll give it a try in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjamez View Post
    You rock! Thank you. I’ll give it a try in the morning.
    Import and Export of .csv files works really well now. Thank you! It will be dramatically easier now to edit in Excel. This is really great.

Quote Originally Posted by charliex View Post
    fixed the CSV export, which files the CSV import as well, byproduct means that all csv's have to be re-exported.
    Awesome tool Charlie!

I was using it tonight and noticed that if I change the Q Pulse settings, upon export to EZD it will not save the updated settings - it still saves the default of 10 ns for all Q Pulse values. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Thanks so much for this!
    Embalmer

yeah it's not you, its me.

the Q isn't as straightforward as the others, i'll take another poke at it on Saturday.

feel free to post me .ezd files with a screenshot of how it should look/how it does look etc and versions of ezcad as well if you find issues. helps me to repro anything strange.

cheers

Pretty certain I purchased the same exact machine as you. It works great however have you been able to figure out the pulse width, Speed, Power, and Frequency (or any other settings needed) that effectively create the colors on stainless steel or that can do the white mark on plastic?

yeah i can do colour on stainless etc, haven't tried plastic.. i'd share the settings but its mostly pointless as its temperature/humidity/material sensitive,.. they sent me a test ezd i modified did you get that?

this is why i wrote the app so it'd be easier to make test grids

i did download the app. I wasnt able to edit the spreadsheet that is blank. I did not get the test ezd. Where was that one posted?

yeah i just usually build a test matrix in a spreadsheet
    i got the test one from wuhan lasers where i got the machine, i'll make an ezd folder on the github and add them there, can't imagine anyone has a copyright on them, (i added a couple)

Page 1 of 2 12