584,833 active members*
5,892 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Is that a ripped off? Need help! ;(

Hi, everyone,

I'm in Melbourne.

Recently I bought a SR3618VI CNC from Multicam Australia, the sales rep told me it is a 2011 model and it will be shipped to Melbourne from Tas.

When the machine arrived, we are suspecting the machine is much older than 2011, here are some reasons:

1.The software comes with the machine is called Toolpath 2006. The technician said it is too old to link to Enroute, so whatever works I have done in Enroute I have to do it again in Toolpath.
    The CPU of the computer in the machine was made in 1999, I have googled the model number.

2.The machine uses Cat5 connection which is outdated from 2009.

3.We found a sticker in the tool chamber, it is from previous servicing or some sort, the date on it is 11th October 2010. In service document(it is actually a pdf file, not a hard copy) they gave me, the very first service done was in 2012.

4.The Multicam technician who set up the machine accidentally said he thinks this machine MAY BE from 2002.

5.There is no serial number/compliance plate on the machine, shouldn't all machines should have one?

I have told Multicam my questions and concerns, but of course they have all the "answers" and I'm not convinced.

Now, I'm asking for some help on how do I proof the year of the machine, is there anyone or place can certified a cnc machine?

Regards,

NebiqCo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9464.jpg   IMG_9475.jpg   IMG_9473.jpg   IMG_9476.jpg  

Untitled2.jpg  

Re: Is that a ripped off? Need help! ;(

Hi,
    if you are of the opinion that they have misrepresented the machine, and it rather sounds like they have, just give what info you have to a solicitor
    and see how they respond. If you have any evidence, documentary or otherwise, a judge will come down VERY harshly on ANY company that misrepresents
    a product.

What do you want to achieve here? Do you want them to take it back and get your money refunded? Do you want a 'special discount'?
    This later one will I suspect not float, but the former should if they have in ANY way misrepresented the machine.

Craig

They will have a record surly ? Multicam 1/40 Ricketts Rd, Mount Waverley

Hi, Craig,

Thanks for the reply, we are gathering all evidence and seeking legal advice now.

Nebiqco

I have asked them for it, but they said the records are all in the computer and there is no hard copy. All I have is a pdf file, the earliest service date on it is 10/06/2012.