585,698 active members*
3,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I downloaded a demo

looks real prowerful, just started to play with it. I'll post some pics.
    Tom

I downloaded the demo, too, to see what the fuss was all about.

Couple of questions: what is with the yellow box in mid-screen with the right and left handed mouse buttons? No amount of clicking and selecting will make that go away. I can work "around it" but it is annoying. Is it not recognising the mouse hardware somehow?

Is there some trick to make the program import igs files or is this crippled in the demo? I was half expecting an option dialog to pop up with a selection of ways in which I might want it imported. It just does nothing right now.

Tell a newb how to select something to rotate it dynamically? I always seem to get caught up in some kind of thing that wants me to pick the pieces I want to rotate, and even then it does not seem to work. I just want to look at the binoculars thing from various angles
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hu,

Somehow I missed your comments when you posted them last month...did you ever get around the problems????

I have no idea what the left/right mouse dialog you are talking about could be. I have never seen anything like that and I know that Excalibur does not create anything like that...

Let me know if you still need help importing and rotating...
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I was sure I posted a followup post that I had loaded the demo and it worked okay on another computer. Might have been a forum crash since then, I'm not sure where it went.

Anyways, I seldom use a standard mouse, usually always a radio mouse, so maybe it just didn't like the hardware on that machine.

Thanks for the replay.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.