585,708 active members*
4,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mitsubishi Meldas M3 Tool offsets and Communication

Mitsubishi Meldas M3 Tool offsets and Communication

Hi, probably a stupid question but does any one know where to find the screen to enter in the tool diameters on the M3 all I have is a length offset page.

Also does any one have a pin layout for the communication cable to drip feed the machine, its a leadwell MCV 760.

With regards

Will

Sounds like you don't have the option for complex offsets.

Do this

I had the same issue. The memory was overloaded and the machine stopped completely. (What a great thing to happen only three weeks on a new machine and control) I called MEAU and they told me to reformat the memory. In the process of doing so I lost the Type II tool offset page. The machine was up and running but had no diameter offsets. I contacted MEAU once again about the new issue and they told me it's a purchased option. I explained that I already had the Type II page and when I reformatted the memory it changed it to Type I. They didn't seem to care and told me they would call me back. This was back in February of 2012 I believe. I'm still waiting on that call. I found some information on the internet and it worked. Change Parameter 1037 cmdtype from a 1 to a 2. Then reformat the memory. If you need more information I would gladly be able to explain.

Shane
    [email protected]

Oh, and by the way. If you're an old stubborn machinist that knows it all. DON'T CONTACT ME!

I must have missed this post since it was done in June,
    but the type II tool offseting (length, and radius, and wear) was
    indeed an option on the M3 when it was purchased in the early 90's.

What you can do is put length in 1 for example, and use 11 for diameter

The parameter (1037) identified by another post was not available
    on the M3 control ( infact that parameter was not available until Mits
    launched its 600 series in late 90's).

The communication pin-outs for the RS232 is :
    from 25 pin to 25 pin
    2+3 crossed
    4+5 jumpered together on each end
    6+8+20 jumpered on each end
    7 straight thru

1998 Mitsubishi M-H4B

The year and model appears to be different than yours. Best of luck to you.

Does anyone have an answer to this problem I have the same issue Using a mitsubishi M3 control. My machine used to have the type II Tool compensation but when I lost the memory and had to reformat it only gave me type I. I to asked MEAU and could not get an answer from them on how to change the tool type to take to.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_0000 View Post
    Hi, probably a stupid question but does any one know where to find the screen to enter in the tool diameters on the M3 all I have is a length offset page.

Also does any one have a pin layout for the communication cable to drip feed the machine, its a leadwell MCV 760.

With regards

Will

Re: Mitsubishi Meldas M3 Tool offsets and Communication

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman8618 View Post
    Does anyone have an answer to this problem I have the same issue Using a mitsubishi M3 control. My machine used to have the type II Tool compensation but when I lost the memory and had to reformat it only gave me type I. I to asked MEAU and could not get an answer from them on how to change the tool type to take to.
    does anyone have any update on this. Still don't have a type II too compensation but it definately had it before I lost the memory. It make sme wonder why Mitsubishi wouldn't want to give out this info since these controls are so old and very few are still in use today.

HI Carmine Moriello from Accurate Machine Repair,
    You are missing an O paper meter double check your master list and set it. Once set you may need to save it power off and on. Some cases you need to all erase and reinitialize if you see ****
    Good luck. From AccurateMachineRepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by amrs View Post
    HI Carmine Moriello from Accurate Machine Repair,
    You are missing an O paper meter double check your master list and set it. Once set you may need to save it power off and on. Some cases you need to all erase and reinitialize if you see ****
    Good luck. From AccurateMachineRepair.com
    What did you just say? What is an "O paper meter"? Not trying to be rude but I'm confused